Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, so I got this. Any other time, I would have jumped, grabbed my wife and my imaginary Persian Cat Bubbles, and rejoiced - but I'm sceptical of "proceeding with delivery". Here's why -
  • I am out of the country right now, and I won't be coming until the second week of Jan
  • I don't know anyone who would be willing to take delivery for me :(
  • The Tesla rep said that they won't hold onto the car for more than 3-6 days, so if I fail to take delivery, all this wait would go for nought, and I will also lose the $350 deposit.
What should I do?
  • What happens if I don't click the "Accept and Proceed With Delivery" button for a few weeks?
    • Will my order be cancelled?
  • The Tesla rep isn't too helpful, they just want the assigned car out the showroom asap - fair enough!

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.13.22 am.png

Ah, so I got this. Any other time, I would have jumped, grabbed my wife and my imaginary Persian Cat Bubbles, and rejoiced - but I'm sceptical of "proceeding with delivery". Here's why -
  • I am out of the country right now, and I won't be coming until the second week of Jan
  • The Tesla rep said that they won't hold onto the car for more than 3-6 days, so if I fail to take delivery, all this wait would go for nought, and I will also lose the $350 deposit.
What should I do?
  • What happens if I don't click the "Accept and Proceed With Delivery" button for a few weeks?
  • The Tesla rep isn't too helpful, they just want the assigned car out the showroom asap - fair enough!

View attachment 877962
nothing you can lose by just accepting and then delaying as long as they let you. you dont have to pay until 2 days prior to delivery

What should I do?

View attachment 877962
I am in the same position, Going overseas December 10 return Jan 2 ..maybe Tesla psychic as my EDD is December 14-28.

I did accept the order as with our 7 day extension per agreement, means I am gambling that my EDD is 24th or later that takes me to the public holidays of Jan 1 and 2 in NSW.

Won't they will help out with holding yours if it is already fully paid up?

So I am now hoping for a later delivery notice prior to my leaving on the 10th.. Don't know if that helps. It is unsatisfactory , and has taken the gloss off my order finally coming through , now hoping for later date. I do feel for you.

nothing you can lose by just accepting and then delaying as long as they let you. you dont have to pay until 2 days prior to delivery
Well, I do stand to lose out on the car if I'm not able to accept it within a stipulated amount of time. They said they can't hold onto the car for more than 3 days, and with managerial approval - up to 6 days maximum.

Arggghh, all this while I wanted the car to arrive sooner, but but but ... :(