Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys

Here's a question

1. I have a VIN (and engine #)
2. I have registration papers just completed and sent back to Tesla
3. No VIN showing in App (still hidden)
4. No VIN in RAV
5. Details on how to pay (via account page), small test payment put through today.
6. EDD 16Dec - 30Dec

Anybody care to take a guess

A. Car is scheduled to be built
B. Car is on th dock in China ready to be transported
C. Car is in on the high seas (Morning Cherry arrives 1/12 or Morning Crystal)
D. Car is sitting at Alexadria being prep'ed

My best guess is C given I have 1,2,5 and to make 16Dec. Optimistic?
Sounds like a C. And in theory not optimistic IMO, you should be fine assuming the boats arrive on schedule

Reactions: RL0109
Hi Guys

Here's a question

1. I have a VIN (and engine #)
2. I have registration papers just completed and sent back to Tesla
3. No VIN showing in App (still hidden)
4. No VIN in RAV
5. Details on how to pay (via account page), small test payment put through today.
6. EDD 16Dec - 30Dec

Anybody care to take a guess

A. Car is scheduled to be built
B. Car is on th dock in China ready to be transported
C. Car is in on the high seas (Morning Cherry arrives 1/12 or Morning Crystal)
D. Car is sitting at Alexadria being prep'ed

My best guess is C given I have 1,2,5 and to make 16Dec. Optimistic?
Once you get your invoice it will show a build date. Compare that with the Armacup schedules and/or MOLACE schedules to figure out what ship it might be on / due to be loaded on to.

Asked the SA today about the invoice (or lack of) plus the rego document. They said (of the invoice): 'Yes, it should be available in a few days as the system is going through a lot of customers right now', and of the rego document said: 'Yes, you will need to print it out and sign with a blue pen and send back to brisbaneregistration@teslacom'. Then also said they are getting through the trade in estimate and it shouldn't be too long.
I got a txt from the tesla trade in team asking for a current odometer reading as the reading I gave them way back in February was "too long ago". At least there's progress...

Yeh I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be late April or early May? Although I just read a big refresh is coming next year, I wouldn’t mind getting that one?
In the past, the first month of the quarter has been very quiet with little or no deliveries. If that holds, I'd think May was a lot more likely.

However there is nothing constant other than change, so maybe they'll be delivering more constantly throughout the quarter by then. We're already seeing people with January delivery dates, after all.

Reactions: ARON44
In the past, the first month of the quarter has been very quiet with little or no deliveries. If that holds, I'd think May was a lot more likely.

However there is nothing constant other than change, so maybe they'll be delivering more constantly throughout the quarter by then. We're already seeing people with January delivery dates, after all.
May would be fine for me, I just hope I don’t miss the $3k rebate? I wonder how close they are now to the 25000 limit?🤔

Although I just read a big refresh is coming next year, I wouldn’t mind getting that one?
The refresh is not due until Q3 2023. Assuming no backlog by then, earliest delivery would be late Aug 2023 for refreshed model. Even new orders EDD is still showing before May 2023. You would have to wait to place an order until EDD changes beyond Aug 2023 if you want an updated M3.

Below is one of many articles.

Reactions: ARON44 and MozMan
The refresh is not due until Q3 2023. Assuming no backlog by then, earliest delivery would be late Aug 2023 for refreshed model. Even new orders EDD is still showing before May 2023. You would have to wait to place an order until EDD changes beyond Aug 2023 if you want an updated M3.

Below is one of many articles.
I should also add that refreshed model means; 1. renewed interest/more orders 2. production line shutdown for upgrades. both will again create backlog and delayed deliveries.

If they're still telling you Feb - May then it means they think you'll either be in the tail end of Q1 or early Q2. A lot of the orders coming in now were affected by some manufacturing shutdowns earlier in the year (one COVID-related, one line-upgrade-related) - unless there's another manufacturing shutdown I reckon there's a good chance you'll get it within those dates.
I wonder if they're shutting down for CNY - it's expected to be longer this year

For those of us with a November 13th build date, considering MORNING CHERRY left Shanghai in the morning of the 13th and MORNING CRYSTAL left on the 16th, would it be more likely our cars are on MORNING CRYSTAL?
How did you find out your build date? I have a VIN on my invoice and pre-filled registration, but I cant see any dates. I also dont have a delivery date from Tesla yet... just TBD.

Wouldn't you think they'd put some directions on the rego page - just figure it out for yourselves turkeys - not good enough.
Instructions are provided in the email Tesla sends about it. The rego form is loaded into the system before the email is sent out, probably to avoid any confusion of “where’s this rego form you’re talking about?”