Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the AGL rates in South Adelaide. The first set is what they had me on, ohh no, dont call me and let me know you can do better, just keep ripping me off for years.....

I said i was going to leave and they offered me the second set, and gas was cheaper too.. Im not locked in so can move any time...

Elec Old

Peak c/kWh 60.588
Shoulder c/kWh 39.853
Off peak c/kWh 46.343
Controlled load Peak^ c/kWh 58.905
Controlled load Off peak^ c/kWh 37.554
Controlled load Shoulder^ c/kWh 33.737
Supply charge c/day 107.965

New
Peak c/kWh 48.015
Shoulder c/kWh 28.138
Off peak c/kWh 32.912
Controlled load Peak^ c/kWh 43.637
Controlled load Off peak^ c/kWh 22.693
Controlled load Shoulder^ c/kWh 18.150
Supply charge c/day 97.856

Here are the AGL rates in South Adelaide. The first set is what they had me on, ohh no, dont call me and let me know you can do better, just keep ripping me off for years.....

I said i was going to leave and they offered me the second set, and gas was cheaper too.. Im not locked in so can move any time...

Elec Old

Peak c/kWh 60.588
Shoulder c/kWh 39.853
Off peak c/kWh 46.343
Controlled load Peak^ c/kWh 58.905
Controlled load Off peak^ c/kWh 37.554
Controlled load Shoulder^ c/kWh 33.737
Supply charge c/day 107.965

New
Peak c/kWh 48.015
Shoulder c/kWh 28.138
Off peak c/kWh 32.912
Controlled load Peak^ c/kWh 43.637
Controlled load Off peak^ c/kWh 22.693
Controlled load Shoulder^ c/kWh 18.150
Supply charge c/day 97.856
Check again as I went to AGL for the night saver plan. Rates are close to what they quoted you for ‘new’ (a few cents more) but you get 12-6am at 8c. There is another plan with simply energy, but they all work out about the same depending upon your consumption, solar array size,etc.

Ovo has a good plan initially but then they jacked the prices if you didn’t sign up in first 2 weeks - I just missed the cut but my mate got the good rates.

See what the market is doing closer to when the car arrives - hopefully it’s not too long.

Reactions: dronus
Check again as I went to AGL for the night saver plan. Rates are close to what they quoted you for ‘new’ (a few cents more) but you get 12-6am at 8c. There is another plan with simply energy, but they all work out about the same depending upon your consumption, solar array size,etc.

Ovo has a good plan initially but then they jacked the prices if you didn’t sign up in first 2 weeks - I just missed the cut but my mate got the good rates.

See what the market is doing closer to when the car arrives - hopefully it’s not too long.
Yeah it’s all a bit of a numerical workout by the time you compare your actual current usage and the ups and downs of different tou. Doesn’t help I have a 20 yo who thinks electricity is free. The rates have gone up exponentially recently and by the looks of the new competition it at least gives us a choice.
There is a qantas red plan also that has 8c ev rate, plus the points can go towards flying instead of driving during holidays haha.
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it

Ouch, I thought I was getting it bad on Origin, they had me stuck on a 30c/Kwh flat tariff (told me I couldn't get time of use), switched to ACTEW AGL and they put me straight on time of use with 13c Off Peak. (I have 2x powerwalls so I only ever use off-peak)
I definitely need to look into solar and a power wall. Not sure if I want to over capitalise on my current house tho as I’ll probably start considering downsizing soon.

For me id need to factor in the additional speeding fines, wonder if i could add that to the lease.. $3k for the upgrade and $2k for miscellaneous government charges..
I don’t think you will be able to add the performance upgrade to the NL because you have to purchase post settlement. If you chat nicely to your leasing company they may be able to include it for you.

I am loving it but wary of police and speed cameras. Just need to allow for people not judging your speed as you can close very fast. I am currently just driving it in chill to see how the range compares - in sport I am getting ~16kw per 100 kms.

I bought the roof shade from Braumach - was on sale for $30 and works pretty well. I have seen a few others and they all seem pretty much the same. I think the roof wouldn’t have changed so the existing shades should fit…

While you are waiting get your meter swapped over to a smart meter if you don’t have one so you can get the off peak 8c. I’m loving the $1.20 for about 100kms of driving.
Chill mode won’t make any difference when you are at speed. If you have a lead foot it will likely make a difference during acceleration. Just spank the pedal and enjoy the car.

I definitely need to look into solar and a power wall. Not sure if I want to over capitalise on my current house tho as I’ll probably start considering downsizing soon.
Do the maths on the battery, it is often not worth it, the ROI is usually 7-8 years and just doesn’t make it worthwhile. If the power walls or other batteries came down considerably then it would be a wise investment. The ROI on panels is a different story, you can pay them back in 2-3 years, worth the money.

Do the maths on the battery, it is often not worth it, the ROI is usually 7-8 years and just doesn’t make it worthwhile. If the power walls or other batteries came down considerably then it would be a wise investment. The ROI on panels is a different story, you can pay them back in 2-3 years, worth the money.
Yeah cool thanks, that makes sense, ta. the switching of mindset from trying to run stuff at night due to off peak to running it during the day to use solar will do my head in haha. I try not to think about it too much, lifes too short.

Reactions: Cocoboy
i should patch my controlled load feed over and have a change over switch which allows me to select which feed to use. If im generally charging overnight i might as well use that, and if i ever have to charge outside of those times flick it back. Ill need to check on the legalities of that first.. ill check with one of the boffins tomorrow.

Farting thru the boombox while stuck in traffic is ok though? I’m actually looking forward to that!
Or have it everytime the car starts moving forward it sounds like someone is ripping one..
Have to be in park for boombox. You can make it fart remotely when parked via the app. The inclusion of the external speaker seems a little random - over about 8 Teslas at work only 3 have the speaker.

Reactions: dronus
Farting thru the boombox while stuck in traffic is ok though? I’m actually looking forward to that!
Or have it everytime the car starts moving forward it sounds like someone is ripping one..
You can only use it while in park, but you can do it remotely via the app if so inclined. You can also monitor the cameras remotely via the app. So if you’re bored enough (and childish enough - I am) you can wait for someone to walk close to the car and then fart at them.

Well I am back to spanking it. Was about 2kW difference over a couple of days between chill and sport.
Might as well just spank it then haha. It would be good if you could put waze on the screen to keep an eye out for, *cough* um road hazards 👮‍♂️🚔🚨🚓, but i guess you could either get one of those screen mount things, or just run it while the phone is on the wireless charger.

What is the viability like of your phone when it is on the wireless charger pad? I don't like cables everywhere so using a mag-safe mount on the screen would incur a USB cable penalty...

I just had a letter saying my current NL finishes mid January 2024 with my options to re-lease, or buy it out. I might just re-lease it for another 12 months at the (much) lower residual. Can always keep it in the shed to use for things i haven't thought about (towing trailer, maybe going anywhere range is an issue). Keep the fuel cards and let the kids drive it or something. Sure is better than my first car which was a Datsun 180b Station Wagon hahaha.
Not knowing the actual delivery date of this M3 this might give me a fudge factor in case things don't line up.. if i plan for the worst and hope for the best things usually work out :)