Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! see if you can get any intel out of them on when demo models might be arriving. I'm hearing a lot of whispers around December but would be nice to get some confirmation.
Ok, just got back. Was given a pretty new M3RWD to take for a spin home and back (about 35 mins each way plus faffing around with the charger at home put me over the 1 hour, but they were cool with it.
The SA was so professional, i asked if he could go thru the controls etc again as id need a refresher, he was more than obliging.

Drive home was smooth and quiet. I turned the radio off and enjoyed the quietness. Got home and only a mild panic when the car wouldn't charge, then i remembered i had configured the charger to only allow certain cars, and this wasn't one. Looked for the paperwork, changed the settings on the wall connector and then off it went, 32A. Beauty!

Drove back to the airport via the expressway using autopilot for the first time. Initial thoughts are its pretty good, but it does seem to brake pretty hard if someone pulls in front of you, harder than i normally would anyway. Not a big deal, just an observation. Start/Stop at lights was daunting at first, but it did it seemlessly. Rolling down the southern expressway i gained 3% battery...

Got back about 15 mins late after one of my best ever reverse parking displays.. I was apologizing heaps but they said its ok, they had padded out the bookings.

They went thru my account to make sure everything was good to go, which it is so there shouldn't be any obvious delays.
They are not expecting showroom or demo cars until the actual orders come over at the same time, so being able to test drive a highland before delivery is unlikely if you already have an order in. The demo car was pretty new so i guess its going to be there a little while.
Then again this is Adelaide... There were 2 other families there doing test drives, and some dope looking M3's leaving the showroom having been delivered so it was pretty busy.

They didn't seem to know when the "refreshed" model will arrive other than what is on the webpage, so next year as far as they know. They did indicate this could change either way, but as my car will be leased and all the finance is approved, they were poised to send final invoices and hook up for delivery. They also said there is still time to change configuration of orders and it shouldn't affect timing as they can match it up.

They genuinely were excited about the refreshed model and most of them have the current model.

Ive had my fix and reminder why im waiting, would be nice if there was a fast forward button :)

IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6890.jpeg

Ok, just got back. Was given a pretty new M3RWD to take for a spin home and back (about 35 mins each way plus faffing around with the charger at home put me over the 1 hour, but they were cool with it.
The SA was so professional, i asked if he could go thru the controls etc again as id need a refresher, he was more than obliging.

Drive home was smooth and quiet. I turned the radio off and enjoyed the quietness. Got home and only a mild panic when the car wouldn't charge, then i remembered i had configured the charger to only allow certain cars, and this wasn't one. Looked for the paperwork, changed the settings on the wall connector and then off it went, 32A. Beauty!

Drove back to the airport via the expressway using autopilot for the first time. Initial thoughts are its pretty good, but it does seem to brake pretty hard if someone pulls in front of you, harder than i normally would anyway. Not a big deal, just an observation. Start/Stop at lights was daunting at first, but it did it seemlessly. Rolling down the southern expressway i gained 3% battery...

Got back about 15 mins late after one of my best ever reverse parking displays.. I was apologizing heaps but they said its ok, they had padded out the bookings.

They went thru my account to make sure everything was good to go, which it is so there shouldn't be any obvious delays.
They are not expecting showroom or demo cars until the actual orders come over at the same time, so being able to test drive a highland before delivery is unlikely if you already have an order in. The demo car was pretty new so i guess its going to be there a little while.
Then again this is Adelaide... There were 2 other families there doing test drives, and some dope looking M3's leaving the showroom having been delivered so it was pretty busy.

They didn't seem to know when the "refreshed" model will arrive other than what is on the webpage, so next year as far as they know. They did indicate this could change either way, but as my car will be leased and all the finance is approved, they were poised to send final invoices and hook up for delivery. They also said there is still time to change configuration of orders and it shouldn't affect timing as they can match it up.

They genuinely were excited about the refreshed model and most of them have the current model.

Ive had my fix and reminder why im waiting, would be nice if there was a fast forward button :)
Great write-up. Thanks!

Awesome. Yeah I've noticed the same thing with the staff here in Canberra, they all seem very excited about the new model which is a good sign.

Re the fast forward button, you just have to drive at 88mph and get struck by lightning.
* results may vary

Awesome. Yeah I've noticed the same thing with the staff here in Canberra, they all seem very excited about the new model which is a good sign.

Re the fast forward button, you just have to drive at 88mph and get struck by lightning.
* results may vary
ll be in Canberra in a few weeks, i should book another test drive to see how it handles round-a-bouts.. i hear there are a few there? OMG... no stalks... hahaha in my limited use of indicators today it seemed quite intuitive, and in adelaide if you indicate to exit a roundabout you look like a n00b. i have been known to yell out "wheres ya L Plates" when people do that haha.

Reactions: Jules22
I can see why people go the dual motor and performance models, especially if you have the need for speed.
However, Today also affirmed for me that RWD will be more than enough for me though, it’s pretty quick (allegedly) and I’d need to keep it under the threshold for tax.

The only person who would seemingly be able to keep up with a RWD would be an awd or above and my kudos to them haha, happy to watch them kick my ass with their kick ass car haha.

It’s November already, will be December before we know it.

Looking forward to the inevitable ship tracking discussions to come!

Reactions: MBau and Murphster
I can see why people go the dual motor and performance models, especially if you have the need for speed.
However, Today also affirmed for me that RWD will be more than enough for me though, it’s pretty quick (allegedly) and I’d need to keep it under the threshold for tax.

I like to hear this kind of feedback, and have seen nothing in the reviews so far that suggests the RWD isn't going to be fast enough. I originally ordered an AWD, because that 4.4s seemed pretty decent. I even flirted with the Volvo EX30 for a while because the 3.2s that thing is supposed to have is just bonkers.

But I changed it to RWD mainly because of the battery. Being an EV newbie I figured the LFP is going to be more forgiving, and safer, which I know might make a few of you scoff, but my kid sleeps above our garage and a few weekends ago I managed to go down enough rabbit holes online to make me convinced the RWD battery was a lot safer.

I am intrigued by this Chinese version Model Y RWD that they suddenly found another second off to make it 5.9s, my assumption was it has the same battery and motor as the Model 3. So does that mean that the 3 RWD might be capable of 5.1s at some time?

Regardless, I am sure it is going to be plenty quick enough for what I want.

Reactions: dronus
I like to hear this kind of feedback, and have seen nothing in the reviews so far that suggests the RWD isn't going to be fast enough. I originally ordered an AWD, because that 4.4s seemed pretty decent. I even flirted with the Volvo EX30 for a while because the 3.2s that thing is supposed to have is just bonkers.

But I changed it to RWD mainly because of the battery. Being an EV newbie I figured the LFP is going to be more forgiving, and safer, which I know might make a few of you scoff, but my kid sleeps above our garage and a few weekends ago I managed to go down enough rabbit holes online to make me convinced the RWD battery was a lot safer.

I am intrigued by this Chinese version Model Y RWD that they suddenly found another second off to make it 5.9s, my assumption was it has the same battery and motor as the Model 3. So does that mean that the 3 RWD might be capable of 5.1s at some time?

Regardless, I am sure it is going to be plenty quick enough for what I want.
4.4 is pretty kick ass! I’d like to think I wouldn’t be doing it all the time tho haha.

Was is a software thing in the model Y? That is interesting! I’m sure looking forward to cooled seats in summer.

A question for those that have their m3, I noticed in my photos above there isn’t a value in the kmh thing, I think I’ve seen on YouTube videos this normally populated with a value. Could it have been that I didn’t have it plugged in long enough to start charging? Or is it for dc charging?

These pics are from the wall charger

IMG_6898.jpeg

IMG_6897.jpeg

So I had a bit of a conversation with a guy on X who has been providing shipping updates for teslas (mainly to Europe etc so far).
I pointed him to TMC waiting threads so he can see expected shipping to Australia as I have only seen one post about a model Y delivery to Perth. I also asked him why we never see videos of ships getting loaded and sent to Australia, they are still here pretty often. His answer made sense!

IMG_6905.jpeg