Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else here purchasing from the ACT? I was just going through old posts from back in September when a few of you were talking about a form you had to electronically sign and return for registration details. I've triple-checked and I've received nothing of the like. I've actioned the pre-delivery details regarding trade-in and delivery/registration state but the last email I got was everything was actioned on my end and just awaiting VIN assignment (since September). Is this an ACT thing?
Yep, Canberra here also. Yeah, I did get registration details to fill in, had to upload licence photos from memory.

Does yours have this on your order page?-
1700628459878.png

If you have the ticks I wouldn't worry.

Ihavent had any invitations to model 3 displays. Nothing that exciting happens in Adelaide.
It also lines up with what the SA said ages ago about then not expecting to see any M3H before customer deliveries
IMO i dont care either way, ive watched enough youtube videos i get the idea, and will make for a good experience picking it up. Unless it sucks but at least i can cross that bridge when i get to it... hahaha

Ihavent had any invitations to model 3 displays. Nothing that exciting happens in Adelaide.
It also lines up with what the SA said ages ago about then not expecting to see any M3H before customer deliveries
IMO i dont care either way, ive watched enough youtube videos i get the idea, and will make for a good experience picking it up. Unless it sucks but at least i can cross that bridge when i get to it... hahaha
Unless if i KNEW it was @Jules22 car in which case id pack a few oranges and chocolate bars to eat while spinning the interior lighting colour wheel around..

Unless if i KNEW it was @Jules22 car in which case id pack a few oranges and chocolate bars to eat while spinning the interior lighting colour wheel around..
1700630374539.png

I'm pretty sure I saw there was a TOCA event in Adelaide on Friday night, so it should be open to the public Saturday.

I haven't received an email for the Saturday either, but not sure if that's because they can see I'm already registered for the Friday night.

Reactions: dronus
View attachment 992869

I'm pretty sure I saw there was a TOCA event in Adelaide on Friday night, so it should be open to the public Saturday.

I haven't received an email for the Saturday either, but not sure if that's because they can see I'm already registered for the Friday night.
Car shows in Adelaide are generally for cars 50 years +

Our actual cars cant be too far behind. Maybe if there is something on Sat ill go, or ill drop in to the Canberra one next week while im over there.

I got the email for the new Model 3 being in Adelaide this Saturday. So you'll be able to go check it out.

1700631537275.png

Reactions: dronus
Crazy catch, could be.

I’m tossing on whether it’s worth getting the highland lr if it’s the old battery, the interior update seems to be the only positive change
Faster. Better audio. Better door linings (and maybe some other trim items). Longer range (I believe WLTP range is 678km on 18" wheels). Faster charging. AWD (I'm coming off a Subaru Liberty H6 - AWD is a good thing.) It's a winner for me.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Crazy catch, could be.

I’m tossing on whether it’s worth getting the highland lr if it’s the old battery, the interior update seems to be the only positive change

I was in the same boat, and originally ordered the LR. But I spent a weekend reading about batteries and the differences and changed to a SR. The reports coming in from existing owners of LFP Model 3's are that there is virtually no battery degradation. They are clearly a better battery technology, can withstand charging to 100% all the time, do not suffer from thermal runaway and stay at 100% output all the way to empty.

Downside is that they are slower, and not quite as much range. However, they do charge quicker. So to be honest that extra bit of range is easily compensated by a 5min super charger visit if needed to get home.