Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this gadget keeps the leaves and water out of the “front engine room” of a model Y.

I only have one question really….

IMG_7569.jpeg

I’ve been here for a wedding this weekend.
I was furious. Only good thing is I got a model 3 rented. God bless heated seats and steering wheel!
Which rental places do model 3? I can’t seem to find them as an option?
I did see them once when I flew to Melbourne but some idiot booked me a Kona or some such rubbish. I’m pretty sure it was supposed to only have premium fuel but being a rental people only put regular fuel in, it drove like crap and sounded like a diesel…

Does anyone know if the m3 has rear traffic cross alert, or something similar?
My current has has it and warns me if I’m reversing out and something is approaching from either side. It beeps and shows a warning on the camera screen.

Does anyone know if the m3 has rear traffic cross alert, or something similar?
My current has has it and warns me if I’m reversing out and something is approaching from either side. It beeps and shows a warning on the camera screen.
I remember seeing in reviews that it doesn’t have it, however it would just be a software update as the hardware is already there.

Also heard the latest software update added speed camera detection using the front camera, so waze like features 😍

Reactions: dronus
Yeah, didn't have cross traffic as yet (My current car does too). They did just add blind spot warnings on screen (plus we have the magic red dot), so I can imagine they could add cross traffic in the same way, just have it flash red on the appropriate edge of the reverse camera.

Re rentals, I think Hertz and Sixt still have them in AU, but they are both not happy because Tesla don't give them the massive discounts that others do, so they can't hold a car for a short time and then dump it on the market at no cost or even some cases they can make a profit. Plus Tesla discounting when they want to move inventory, particularly recently with the old M3's being sold off, caught them out. When I was looking at hiring, only some of their outlets would let you specify Tesla, that's when I found EVEE which was an awesome experience (particularly as you get the full app experience as well).

BTW TITUS has left Shanghai, but none of the tracking apps seem to have updated the destination yet :mad: