Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I was just kidding haha. My previous model 3 I ordered I had to wait a year for so i'm used to waiting and wouldn't be surprised if my orders gets pushed passed March.
I ordered RWD Ultra Red/Black with 19" in Sydney.
Ohh crap sorry I didn’t look at your name as the poster and I went into auto-ramble mode haha, you know the deal better than I do :)

I know I was just kidding haha. My previous model 3 I ordered I had to wait a year for so i'm used to waiting and wouldn't be surprised if my orders gets pushed passed March.
I ordered RWD Ultra Red/Black with 19" in Sydney.
Probably a decent chance you'll get it early-mid Jan, just depends how many extras they send over. Seemed to be a lot of Ultra Red at South Port Shanghai.

Reactions: dronus
Any suggestions on insurers for model 3’s?

I’ve had a mixed bag when comparing quotes.. my current insurer doesn’t even insure Tesla’s..

NRMA & Rollin’ were the cheapest at $1650 & $1567 p/year. Most others were above $2k.
Probably depends on a few things. But I found Shannon’s was very good. With the Mode Y performance earlier this year, they were $1250 and the next closest to as $2500. With the model 3 SR, they are $1550 for me.

All comprehensive.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Probably depends on a few things. But I found Shannon’s was very good. With the Mode Y performance earlier this year, they were $1250 and the next closest to as $2500. With the model 3 SR, they are $1550 for me.

All comprehensive.
Yeah the comprehensive insurance is getting out of hand. 2022 $1,089; 2023 ~$1900 with the same mob. I went with NRMA (windscreen, choice of rep, $850 no claim), for around $1,500, I think. They then sent me a refund cheque for around $350! I didn’t question it, I just banked it.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yeah the comprehensive insurance is getting out of hand. 2022 $1,089; 2023 ~$1900 with the same mob. I went with NRMA (windscreen, choice of rep, $850 no claim), for around $1,500, I think. They then sent me a refund cheque for around $350! I didn’t question it, I just banked it.
My quotes were horrendous. I plan to ask a broker to have a pass in the coming weeks.
What model year are you using online? Is this a 2024? As that’s not an option on most websites (like NRMA)

Reactions: PcS000
My quotes were horrendous. I plan to ask a broker to have a pass in the coming weeks.
What model year are you using online? Is this a 2024? As that’s not an option on most websites (like NRMA)
Yeah these are all comprehensive quotes, I’m using 2023 M3 RWD ‘23.5’ that comes up for Highland (it has ultra red and stealth grey as added manufacturer options), 2024 isn’t an option.

Broker is a good idea.. I might do the same..

Insurance companies are like banks and any other big corporation lately.
They cry poor saying the cost of this and that is going up so they need to pass that on to consumers.
Then they quietly post record profits every year. Banks, supermarkets, you name it.
Not many small businesses though, at least at scale.
Is the cost that is passed on to the consumers actually because of the reason used to increase the cost, or profits?
They could then rephrase and say your costs are going up as we want to make record profits. Which we all know is true, but no one says it.
Unfortunately this isn’t sustainable, there is only so much blood you can get out of a stone, and while they squeeze every drop they can eventually the bubble pops, causing bigger problems for the consumers , not that the fat cats care, they have moved on to the next way to placate their addiction to greed and wealth.
Hopefully one day we get leadership who isn’t in their pockets and can hold all of this up to the light. I forgive people for being greedy, but until they see or care about the consequences, it will never change. Never hold the value of an extra dollar over the value of doing the right thing for humanity and kindness in general…
(Steps off soap box)

IMG_7551.jpeg

They are not all highlands tho huh? Are they model Y or older 2023 model 3

Reactions: Jules22
View attachment 997946

They are not all highlands tho huh? Are they model Y or older 2023 model 3
Yeah, there were Y's there, also WuWa says "Mostly RHD" so I'm thinking Morten Grove may be right and these are headed to UK with a stop in EU before/after.

All good, Don Juan is still well under way and makes more sense if it goes to North Port anyhow.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus