Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, didn't have cross traffic as yet (My current car does too). They did just add blind spot warnings on screen (plus we have the magic red dot), so I can imagine they could add cross traffic in the same way, just have it flash red on the appropriate edge of the reverse camera.

Re rentals, I think Hertz and Sixt still have them in AU, but they are both not happy because Tesla don't give them the massive discounts that others do, so they can't hold a car for a short time and then dump it on the market at no cost or even some cases they can make a profit. Plus Tesla discounting when they want to move inventory, particularly recently with the old M3's being sold off, caught them out. When I was looking at hiring, only some of their outlets would let you specify Tesla, that's when I found EVEE which was an awesome experience (particularly as you get the full app experience as well).

BTW TITUS has left Shanghai, but none of the tracking apps seem to have updated the destination yet :mad:
Very interesting, thanks for that!

That magic red dot is pretty magic.. my current car has lights in the mirrors which warn you , and the car beeps and the steering wheel tries to stop you hitting other cars which is helpful on dark gloomy mornings like this morning. Especially in Adelaide where people love to sit in your blindspot - speeding up or slowing down to make sure you have no chance of changing lanes. Its "their spot" and there is no way anyone is going to defeat them by getting in front. Even as you approach a bus which is stopped, people will speed up to get in your blind spot, not continue at that speed to over take you , but slow down to lock you in... asshats

• Funny
Reactions: Cocoboy and Jules22
Well looks like Don Juan is 4 or 5 days out, so hopefully this week is VIN week.
Ive booked it out in my work calender

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 07.03.32.png

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
Even as you approach a bus which is stopped, people will speed up to get in your blind spot, not continue at that speed to over take you , but slow down to lock you in... asshats

Ohh I HATE that, one of my biggest peeves, if you want to overtake me, fine, do it, but yeah, the clown that sits right on your tail while you are overtaking, then you pull over for him and he just sits in your blind spot while you are coming up to slower traffic...

That and the clown that wants to speed up every time you pull into the right lane to overtake... At least with the Tesla you can deal with those pretty quickly and leave them eating dust.

Just be warned, the wifeys don't like it when you do it without warning, lol.
When i test drove the 2023 model 3 i took my lad (20yo) for a spin around the block. i was casually describing some innate feature of something to distract him and put the boot in. His expression was priceless!
I have a new dog hammock / seat protector for the back seat also, will have to suss out the best way to keep the dog restrained haha

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
Very interesting, thanks for that!

That magic red dot is pretty magic.. my current car has lights in the mirrors which warn you , and the car beeps and the steering wheel tries to stop you hitting other cars which is helpful on dark gloomy mornings like this morning. Especially in Adelaide where people love to sit in your blindspot - speeding up or slowing down to make sure you have no chance of changing lanes. Its "their spot" and there is no way anyone is going to defeat them by getting in front. Even as you approach a bus which is stopped, people will speed up to get in your blind spot, not continue at that speed to over take you , but slow down to lock you in... asshats
No different in Sydney, especially on the highways. Had two asshats doing it last week, sitting at less than 80 in the right lane, try to zip into left lane to get around them and they speed up to block you getting ahead of them and then just plonk themselves next to the car in the left lane. Its not hard - stay left unless overtaking!

Reactions: dronus
Ohh I HATE that, one of my biggest peeves, if you want to overtake me, fine, do it, but yeah, the clown that sits right on your tail while you are overtaking, then you pull over for him and he just sits in your blind spot while you are coming up to slower traffic...

That and the clown that wants to speed up every time you pull into the right lane to overtake... At least with the Tesla you can deal with those pretty quickly and leave them eating dust.
The one that always pisses me off no end is you have a car doing 95 in 100 in single lane and then overtaking lane comes up and they magically find 110 for the length of the overtaking lane then cruise back to 95 again when back to single lane. I call them cardboard cops.

When i test drove the 2023 model 3 i took my lad (20yo) for a spin around the block. i was casually describing some innate feature of something to distract him and put the boot in. His expression was priceless!
I have a new dog hammock / seat protector for the back seat also, will have to suss out the best way to keep the dog restrained haha
Just get one of these seat belt leads, I have two of these, good quality with some give in the lead. Not sure how heavy your dog is (mine is around 17kg) but I have found the back seats very sensitive in the m3 and he sets off the seatbelt warning when lying across two seats so have to plug in the seatbelt for the other seat. Doesn't happen in the ICE.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Just get one of these seat belt leads, I have two of these, good quality with some give in the lead. Not sure how heavy your dog is (mine is around 17kg) but I have found the back seats very sensitive in the m3 and he sets off the seatbelt warning when lying across two seats so have to plug in the seatbelt for the other seat. Doesn't happen in the ICE.

Ahh cool yeah i have a couple of them from amazon. I found that being tethered down low he gets all tangled up so i ran it from the rear tether over the seat which seems to have better success. I guess i can always get something like this and tuck it away... ?

Reactions: Cocoboy
The one that always pisses me off no end is you have a car doing 95 in 100 in single lane and then overtaking lane comes up and they magically find 110 for the length of the overtaking lane then cruise back to 95 again when back to single lane. I call them cardboard cops.
Or when the road goes from 2 lanes to 3 and a car which everyone has just managed to overtake to keep the flow of traffic decides to go up the inside lane, overtaking everyone again and then goes straight back to the right lane after the lights to drive slow again. i have a courier ute which does that most mornings so i factor it in :)
I get it, im not in that much of a hurry, but its almost deliberately done out of some spite they have for everyone else.

Cardboard cops, love it, yeah its almost like they are trying to control whats going on around them, or think they are in front so have some authority, and when someone gets pissed and brake checks them, that goes on the dashcam youtube chan from one of their 4 dashcams placed around their car...

Reactions: Cocoboy
Does anyone know if the m3 has rear traffic cross alert, or something similar?
My current has has it and warns me if I’m reversing out and something is approaching from either side. It beeps and shows a warning on the camera screen.
I remember seeing in reviews that it doesn’t have it, however it would just be a software update as the hardware is already there.

Unfortunately not, the Tesla doesn't have the required hardware for a true rear cross traffic alert, these function using radar transponders located at the extreme rear quaters of the vehicle.

They may be able to cludge something similar in function using cameras but the reality is there just aren't cameras in the right location looking the right way...

Anyone in Melbourne got your delivery day locked in yet? I wonder if anyone is getting theirs actually on Christmas day.

Bergamot Ace will be in Melbourne by Wednesday, I am guessing people might start getting confirmed dates end of the week?

Currently it is just off the Sunshine Coast! I mean if I drive to the beach today I might get to see it. I am super annoyed that it is going to sail right past us to Melbourne and not come back until the end of December!!! I don't get that at all.

My car is so close, and yet so far....

Bergamot Ace will be in Melbourne by Wednesday, I am guessing people might start getting confirmed dates end of the week?

Currently it is just off the Sunshine Coast! I mean if I drive to the beach today I might get to see it. I am super annoyed that it is going to sail right past us to Melbourne and not come back until the end of December!!! I don't get that at all.

My car is so close, and yet so far....
Im slightly miffed that i dont have a VIN and the BA is going to Melbourne with M3H on board :(