Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, I'm hearing from a number of people I know who have done recent test drives (some of whom are definitely NOT Tesla fans, lol) saying that they were very pleasantly surprised by the stalk removal, a few even said that it felt very cheap and crappy going back to using stalks in their regular car, just after a short test drive.

Reactions: dronus
Interesting, I'm hearing from a number of people I know who have done recent test drives (some of whom are definitely NOT Tesla fans, lol) saying that they were very pleasantly surprised by the stalk removal, a few even said that it felt very cheap and crappy going back to using stalks in their regular car, just after a short test drive.
That is interesting.
It is always easier to adapt to change with an open mind :)

Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
100% wouldn't be surprised to see more car makers start doing it.
It's really like getting used to the centre screen. Everyone, was bitching about the centre screen before driving it. I didn't take long to adapt. I can tap the screen without looking at it

Another parallel might be when phones removed the keypad...DOOM, where all doomed - not my keypad!

As a species, we're quite adaptable, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Also, I think the S and X have been stalkless for while now too?

Reactions: Jules22
Motorbikes have been using buttons forever, it’s so easy to get used to. Only issue is indicating off roundabouts but I don’t see much point in doing that anyways and will pull the “if practical to do so” card.

Why why why, Delilia…

IMG_7591.jpeg

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
I think you are going to find this more functional. The cup holder is very loose and the cups move left to right too much.

I use one of these water bottles and it fits perfectly in the bottle holder of a classic Model 3. :)

Reactions: Cocoboy
The other thing with roundabout (I'm in CBR where there are plenty), is that the indicator for exiting a roundabout is always the first button you encounter if you slide your left hand around the wheel clockwise. so really isnt that difficult to find even when upside down...
100%, I've been experimenting or I guess building the muscle memory, for the past few months in my current car (also in CBR). I have a volume button exactly where the left indicator will be. There's only one button you need to worry about so it's very easy to know where it is just by seeing the position of the wheel out of the corner of your eye.

I've been able to successfuly hit that button every time on all of the roundabouts I go through in Canberra with the added difficulty of having to actually indicate using the stalk first.

I use one of these water bottles and it fits perfectly in the bottle holder of a classic Model 3. :)

Double dang nabbit

It's pretty damn annoying as a pedestrian trying to cross at a roundabout when people don't indicate off.
I was out supervising my lad driving on his Ls when he entered a roundabout when a car to our right was indicating left to exit the roundabout, but went straight ahead. My lad said " but he was indicating to exit" which wouldn't have meant much if we got t-boned..

The moral to the story was dont trust people indicating or not, it doesn't matter if you were right or wrong if that other vehicle was a bus or a truck... :)
Anticipate that people dont do the right thing, whether they have stalks or not :) haha

Reactions: Tesl3on and Jules22
I was out supervising my lad driving on his Ls when he entered a roundabout when a car to our right was indicating left to exit the roundabout, but went straight ahead. My lad said " but he was indicating to exit" which wouldn't have meant much if we got t-boned..

The moral to the story was dont trust people indicating or not, it doesn't matter if you were right or wrong if that other vehicle was a bus or a truck... :)
Anticipate that people dont do the right thing, whether they have stalks or not :) haha
Absolutely, I see this all the time, I don't trust anyone until I see them actually turn.