Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aww crap I’ll have to make it shorter, it’s too long.
That’s what she said..

IMG_7636.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
Ohh there is all sorts in here creating a symbiotic mad house haha.
A friendly bunch too.
Have you had the chance to go look at or test drive the highland yet?
Yeah, tried the Y and 3 LR before highland, and checked out the highland once they were available to make sure I was keen. Kinda wanted the Y for practical reasons but feel better about the updated model 3. If the Y was updated might have made a different call..

Reactions: dronus and PcS000
WA here, ordered 7th September RWD in Ultra Red.
I had a windfall earlier this month and decided to go for the LR - Ultra Red, order changed on the 11th December despite risking that my delivery could be delayed.
Estimate is still saying Jan-March, no VIN.
Welcome, you never know, I haven’t heard of too many LR in ultra red being ordered on here so you might get lucky and get assigned one that has been made.
If the estimate says Jan-march you could be in this next batch!

Yeah, I figure it's a bit of a gamble, I know as far as resale it's only worth about 1/3 of the purchase price, but looking at the prices in the US and with employee testing well under way here I expect Australia to start catching up with the US within the next 6-12 months. At that point the price will skyrocket.

I'm also betting that they'll have it to the point where you are able to just let it drive itself and be doing other things within the next couple of years (at least on highways, etc initially, then gradually introduced into other areas).

Basically it's a gamble that within the lifetime of this car it'll be worth a lot more. I got to test it out pretty extensively on the trip to BNE and back (and deliberately put it in all the situations some people like to complain about), and it was pretty awesome (even though currently we are WAY behind the US)

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus
Yeah, I figure it's a bit of a gamble, I know as far as resale it's only worth about 1/3 of the purchase price, but looking at the prices in the US and with employee testing well under way here I expect Australia to start catching up with the US within the next 6-12 months. At that point the price will skyrocket.

I'm also betting that they'll have it to the point where you are able to just let it drive itself and be doing other things within the next couple of years (at least on highways, etc initially, then gradually introduced into other areas).

Basically it's a gamble that within the lifetime of this car it'll be worth a lot more. I got to test it out pretty extensively on the trip to BNE and back (and deliberately put it in all the situations some people like to complain about), and it was pretty awesome (even though currently we are WAY behind the US)
Awesome, i look forward to following along your journey!

Reactions: Jules22