Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or this looks good

IMG_7704.jpeg

As soon as I get VIN'd will be hitting up Ali Express.

- Screen Protector Front/Back
- Black Badges Front T / Rear letters / Dual Motor
- Maybe the Centre Control trays

@dronus did you stick to one seller ? I found many places selling different parts but not one place that sold everything I'm after.
Nah several sellers but I made sure I researched them, reading reviews etc.

I can send you a summary of the sellers if u like. I haven’t had any issues so far, actually really fast postage.
Time will tell if the quality is any good

Reactions: edy80y
- Screen Protector Front/Back
- Black Badges Front T / Rear letters / Dual Motor
I took the weather shields off my ice car over the weekend but the sticky foam stuff has left residue all over the chrome strip they stuck it on.
Any ideas how to get it off? I scraped most off with a plastic trim tool and hand sanitizer loosens it up but it’s like sh*t in a woollen blanket.
I’m thinking isopropyl alcohol?

I took the weather shields off my ice car over the weekend but the sticky foam stuff has left residue all over the chrome strip they stuck it on.
Any ideas how to get it off? I scraped most off with a plastic trim tool and hand sanitizer loosens it up but it’s like sh*t in a woollen blanket.
I’m thinking isopropyl alcohol?
Use citrus turpine, often sold as Orange Power. If the goo is on chrome trim, you can leave it on for 10 minutes to soften then wipe off with a paper towel. Fairly benign to your skin, but don’t leave it on paintwork as it can soften and even dissolve in the worst case.

sh1t man. Looks like a driving bit for a power drill. Do you think it was one of yours?
Yep, that’s what it was. Nah, I’d say it was a stray one from one of the billion of tradies around here at the moment. It just sucks. I’m up for at least one new tyre, plus I have to get it there. I can’t wait for those airless tyres…but not like this type of airless!

Reactions: edy80y
Use citrus turpine, often sold as Orange Power. If the goo is on chrome trim, you can leave it on for 10 minutes to soften then wipe off with a paper towel. Fairly benign to your skin, but don’t leave it on paintwork as it can soften and even dissolve in the worst case.
Eucalyptus oil is also good for removing adhesive. Been using it for years on old Moccona coffee jars.