Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BA in QLD waters
IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg

Reactions: dronus
Surprised you don’t have a VIN yet. My car is on the BA and I got my VIN a few weeks ago. Unless you made a recent order and were only just allocated a vehicle on that ship?

It’s not far away now. should be docking this arvo/evening. I contacted Tesla this morning to ask if they could fast track delivery, and they were nice, saying they’d do all they could, taking into account how many cars come in, processing, transport checks and registration 😊
I ordered in early September and got the email about the car being on BA a couple of weeks ago, but still no VIN. I replied to the Tesla SMS the same day I got the email, and they responded straight away with a VIN. I am not sure why I can't see the VIN in the account, but it probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. :)

Tug has untugged and buggered off.

Might have just had one of those big magnets on a rope fishing out the ultra red cars that fell off the side..

View attachment 1000578
I wonder whether tugs are needed to get underway from that berth. It's a straight shot out to sea, nothing in front. Good set of bow and stern thrusters to push the boat out, then throttle full forward (up to the mighty 109 rpm that the big two-stroke in DJ runs).

I wonder whether tugs are needed to get underway from that berth. It's a straight shot out to sea, nothing in front. Good set of bow and stern thrusters to push the boat out, then throttle full forward (up to the mighty 109 rpm that the big two-stroke in DJ runs).
I was wrong about that. 20,000hp at 102 rpm...

The main engine is an KHIC B&W, type 8S60MC marine diesel with constant pressure supercharging and a maximum output of 20,000 BHP at 101.3 RPM. The engine is directly reversible and attached to a fixed propeller with remote control from the bridge or engine control room.

And only bow thruster...

The vessel is equipped with a highly effective Schilling “Mono-Vec” rudder to assist in controlling the lateral movements of the stern. The lateral control of the bow is – like in earlier vessels – controlled by a 1,500 kW bow-thruster by about 23.5 tons thrust.