Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick google showed this:

The more you google, the more the times change..
I called them and they just reduced the costs, but couldnt tell me when any of these start or stop on what days or season.. Was worth calling then to get the price down, now i can compare the pair anyway. Its odd that they wont tell me, and i have to look it up.
Then again its odd that im waiting for a car for 5 months probably hahaha

Screenshot 2023-12-20 161313.png

The more you google, the more the times change..
I called them and they just reduced the costs, but couldnt tell me when any of these start or stop on what days or season.. Was worth calling then to get the price down, now i can compare the pair anyway. Its odd that they wont tell me, and i have to look it up.
Then again its odd that im waiting for a car for 5 months probably hahaha

View attachment 1001267
Yeah SA Power seems confusing, I've found 2 differing tariff times... different owners maybe dictate different times? ACT is a small market with (I believe) fixed tariff timings between retailers.

***For anyone in the ACT looking for a better power plan - highly suggest ringing ACTewAGL. I told them what prices I was on with Origin and they smashed them out of the park, undercutting them by over 20c/day supply charge.. not to mention better tariff rates. They also told me the offer they provided isn't advertised publicly. Ring up and ask for the 'Power Up Extra' plan ;)

Yeah I found the same. I was with origin and tried to see if I could get a better plan. Gave me different stories every time I spoke with them. Flat out lied and tried to tell me I couldn't get time of use where I lived etc forced me on flat rate.

Went to ACTEWAGL who immediately put me on time of use and I was paying 1/3 what I was with origin.

I'm now with Amber but that is only useful if you have battery. But it is awesome. First month they paid me $30 this month so far they owe me another $50. So no more paying for electricity for me.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yeah I found the same. I was with origin and tried to see if I could get a better plan. Gave me different stories every time I spoke with them. Flat out lied and tried to tell me I couldn't get time of use where I lived etc forced me on flat rate.

Went to ACTEWAGL who immediately put me on time of use and I was paying 1/3 what I was with origin.

I'm now with Amber but that is only useful if you have battery. But it is awesome. First month they paid me $30 this month so far they owe me another $50. So no more paying for electricity for me.
That's awesome to hear. Origin was good to begin with but their prices went up mid this year (like most retailers I guess) and became not as competitive.

Unfortunately, I rent so no battery or solar for me, but that's good to know about Amber!

Yeah SA Power seems confusing, I've found 2 differing tariff times... different owners maybe dictate different times? ACT is a small market with (I believe) fixed tariff timings between retailers.

***For anyone in the ACT looking for a better power plan - highly suggest ringing ACTewAGL. I told them what prices I was on with Origin and they smashed them out of the park, undercutting them by over 20c/day supply charge.. not to mention better tariff rates. They also told me the offer they provided isn't advertised publicly. Ring up and ask for the 'Power Up Extra' plan ;)
SA power networks is in bed with AGL im pretty sure and SA Power networks are the wholesaler to all the other retailers.
Once you take into account the different rates for different times, when those times are (if you can find out a real answer) , and when you use power it takes a bit of maths to work it all out.
I guess if they make it confusing the average punter gives up and keeps paying whatever, so the house always wins.
It all comes down the same wires, just different pigs feeding from the same trough..

Reactions: Jules22
SA power networks is in bed with AGL im pretty sure and SA Power networks are the wholesaler to all the other retailers.
Once you take into account the different rates for different times, when those times are (if you can find out a real answer) , and when you use power it takes a bit of maths to work it all out.
I guess if they make it confusing the average punter gives up and keeps paying whatever, so the house always wins.
It all comes down the same wires, just different pigs feeding from the same trough..
I read Tesla has applied for an energy retailer license in Australia.. bring on Tesla Electricity!

Tesla reveals plan to be Australian energy retailer and “disrupt traditional incumbents”

Reactions: Jules22