Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome back to Australia, Donny!

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 08.21.08.png

Keep us in the loop if you call them! I had no luck yesterday.. Also I've heard about texting them but haven't received any SMS from the ACT service, sales or delivery centres.

I'm off to QLD today for some family time and 'relaxation'... by which I mean refreshing my Tesla app constantly by the beach.
I hear ya. Im in Victoria doing exactly the sane thing, minus the beaches

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
My only concern re this theory is how would you explain why people received VINs on Christmas Day lol
I honestly suspect they didn't notice the night before, hadn't refreshed properly, issue with the app or their phone, etc etc

The fact that there's only a few who are saying they got this, when we have quite a large number the night before and large numbers immediately after the return to work from Christmas just doesn't support the idea that they sent a few out on the morning of Christmas day.

Just sent out an email to the ACT manager. I've asked if he can comment on the possibility that our vehicles are on the Don Juan or if Canberra customers (and potentially other locations) have missed out and need to wait on the next ship. Also asked if he can confirm that the VIN assignments are handled on a delivery centre level which would explain customers receiving a VIN within a week while others in other cities are still waiting etc.

Just sent out an email to the ACT manager. I've asked if he can comment on the possibility that our vehicles are on the Don Juan or if Canberra customers (and potentially other locations) have missed out and need to wait on the next ship. Also asked if he can confirm that the VIN assignments are handled on a delivery centre level which would explain customers receiving a VIN within a week while others in other cities are still waiting etc.
Great work, keep us in the loop! Very curious to hear what he says.

What is the next ship if DJ fails us?
I haven't looked too hard yet, hopefully he'll let us know if that is the case.

I really think it's the DJ though, if they've loaded it with 5800+ vehicles I can only imagine that would cover all of the orders plus some. I really still suspect it's individual smaller delivery centers being too busy/slack (understandable at this time of year and even more so when you add in all the complications with stink ship etc).