Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't looked too hard yet, hopefully he'll let us know if that is the case.

I really think it's the DJ though, if they've loaded it with 5800+ vehicles I can only imagine that would cover all of the orders plus some. I really still suspect it's individual smaller delivery centers being too busy/slack (understandable at this time of year and even more so when you add in all the complications with stink ship etc).
I think this is it really, most likely scenario by a long way

Another possible Tesla ship, she was docked only a few days ago at north port and is now headed direct to Melbourne (Could also be BYD’s though).

IMG_9233.jpeg

Without being too negative, I can't see how anyone at Tesla would deem someone getting a 22 Dec order before an August order acceptable? At this point I'm convinced they're all on the Don, if not it seems like utter madness and I'd say some people would be fair to feel hard done by.
Makes a lot of sense if our assumptions are correct.

It makes most sense that the vehicles are assigned to a delivery centre based on existing orders and then some stock if they have sent more than required which seems to be the procedure.

That delivery centre then assigns the VIN's to the existing orders and then if there are left overs they match them to new orders.

Some of us, me included, are with delivery centres that simply haven't done this process yet for whatever reason. Given the time of year, the fact that these seem to be smaller centres with fewer staff, complications with GC, etc, etc, it all seems perfectly reasonable as much as I would have liked my VIN earlier and think the communication process could be improved (feedback which I've respectfully provided back to Tesla and received some positive acknowledgement back from them).

Makes a lot of sense if our assumptions are correct.

It makes most sense that the vehicles are assigned to a delivery centre based on existing orders and then some stock if they have sent more than required which seems to be the procedure.

That delivery centre then assigns the VIN's to the existing orders and then if there are left overs they match them to new orders.

Some of us, me included, are with delivery centres that simply haven't done this process yet for whatever reason. Given the time of year, the fact that these seem to be smaller centres with fewer staff, complications with GC, etc, etc, it all seems perfectly reasonable as much as I would have liked my VIN earlier and think the communication process could be improved (feedback which I've respectfully provided back to Tesla and received some positive acknowledgement back from them).
A lot of old M3 in inventory, no Highlands yet. If they have excess stock, I’m sure they’ll begin putting them into inventory shortly, perhaps after all delivery centres have finished matching cars to orders.

This is what shows on the web page under next steps:

View attachment 1003563

I hope/believe that I have done all that I can do at this stage.
Here's a funny thing (well, odd, perhaps).

In Firefox (my preferred browser) the Next Steps page shows the following about my car:

1703719875490.png

But in Chrome (which I use when I periodically run the Telstra VIN finder) it shows:

1703719955937.png

That is: it's more explicit in telling me that I have no VIN. FWIW.

Ok, no luck getting any further info, I guess they can't be giving individual customers info when others from that centre haven't got it, but hopefully it might spur some action knowing that other cities have been releasing info.

"Thank you for your email regarding your new Model 3. While I cannot provide any further information on your delivery time, I assure you that our teams are reviewing this situation and working to assign and deliver VINs as soon as possible.

I appreciate your frustration with delivery commencing in other states but we hope to have your vehicle here and out to you as soon as possible.

Your Tesla app will provide you with live information which is the same to ours here on the ground.

Greatly appreciate your patience and understanding,."

Here's a funny thing (well, odd, perhaps).

In Firefox (my preferred browser) the Next Steps page shows the following about my car:

View attachment 1003564

But in Chrome (which I use when I periodically run the Telstra VIN finder) it shows:

View attachment 1003565

That is: it's more explicit in telling me that I have no VIN. FWIW.
Do you have another VIN finder plugin installed? I found this was placing the ‘VIN: N/A’ line in chrome but not in safari.

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined the family with M3SR ordered on Nov.
i've got a VIN already and the delivery date is ranging between Jan 7 - Jan 28.
Does anyone know when can I expect a final invoice?
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Lots of good info here about you you might expect coming up..