Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3A4833B2-7F87-4839-ABF1-A9987F3FBAFD.jpeg

Can’t see any Teslas in the yard yet, but then I can probably only see this section from my office and it seems to be full of utes and Toyotas from what I can work out!

Reactions: dronus and edy80y
He's trying to earn a buck, can't fault him for that.

Hopefully when he receives his M3H he'll do an honest review and show a true comparison to the BYD.

Definitely nothing against BYD, they are a good budget brand and I'm all for more EV's helping the transition. They really only have a market in China though and their profit margins are attrocious (at least compared to Tesla) so I worry how they will survive once the 'model 2' is released.

He's trying to earn a buck, can't fault him for that.

Hopefully when he receives his M3H he'll do an honest review and show a true comparison to the BYD.

Definitely nothing against BYD, they are a good budget brand and I'm all for more EV's helping the transition. They really only have a market in China though and their profit margins are attrocious (at least compared to Tesla) so I worry how they will survive once the 'model 2' is released.
He did a week long review of the M3H and I’d say he was very positive about it. Kinda dragged on about the lack of stalks a bit too much for my liking, and maybe hadn’t fully researched or worked out some of the controls before reviewing them but it was a pretty decent review.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
He did a week long review of the M3H and I’d say he was very positive about it. Kinda dragged on about the lack of stalks a bit too much for my liking, and maybe hadn’t fully researched or worked out some of the controls before reviewing them but it was a pretty decent review.
Yeah, I'm wondering how he'll report on it once he actually has one though and after his deal with BYD. You are completely correct about the lack of research, that was disappointing.

I would expect that he will have a bit of a shock going from the BYD back to a Tesla.

I don’t think Tesla Tom is going to take delivery of the M3H he has on order, as he always said it was going to be either the Seal or the M3H. He definitely wants to appeal to a larger audience by doing Tesla and BYD content, and as he already has the MY I got the sense he was always leaning towards the Seal.

On another note, I understand Joy is his misso, but can someone fill me in on the inside joke I keep seeing on this forum 😂

Which year is this standard? There is no middle anchor on my 2013 Mitsi ASX. The seat configuration is same.

I quoted the latest/current ADR. It's the sixth version, IIRC, and applies to cars built from 2019.

The requirements have changed significantly down the years: the number of tether points that need to be installed, the type of points (used to be a vertical bolt, these days it's the hook-style), etc.

All previous editions of the various standards are on line if you are interested to trace the history. https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/i...cle-design-regulation/australian-design-rules

I sa
Must be some excess stock still sitting on BA2

View attachment 1005959I
I saw that post and was confused by the delivery date and ship. If the pick up is Sydney and it’s on the Beluga Ace, that’s not due in to PK until 15th according to their schedules. It doesn’t dock in Melbourne until the 9th, and I’d be surprised if they were fulfilling Sydney orders from a Melbourne ship.
Those dates are the same as my current window and mines on Don Juan 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
I quoted the latest/current ADR. It's the sixth version, IIRC, and applies to cars built from 2019.

The requirements have changed significantly down the years: the number of tether points that need to be installed, the type of points (used to be a vertical bolt, these days it's the hook-style), etc.

All previous editions of the various standards are on line if you are interested to trace the history. https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/i...cle-design-regulation/australian-design-rules
I had a look at the back of the seats in my 2018 calais while loading crap into it at bunnings this morning and indeed it has 3 things to strap squids too

I had a look at the back of the seats in my 2018 calais while loading crap into it at bunnings this morning and indeed it has 3 things to strap squids too
Buuuuttttttt

You would have to remove or dislocate the parcel shelf to use them. There is no obvious port or anything in the parcel shelf to feed any straps thru

Last edited: