Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand Tesla.. Do they not realise how much revenue they are missing out on by not supplying M3 Highland accessories at launch worldwide? I would presume if you could order and have them fitted for delivery day, they would have a pretty high rate of uptake... just my 2 3 cents.

Even just adding a UMC or home charger with delivery would be a small win and they already have those available!

This (accessories) is a HUGE money spinner for 'conventional' car dealers and manufacturers. Small margin on the base car, huge margin on higher models, accessories, paint treatments, etc.

Should we be grateful that Tesla is so 'unconventional' that they walk away from the up-sell opportunities? Does this approach sustain the third-party market?

Yep, I don't get it at all.

I'm the kind of person who'd probably pay an extra premium for the "official" Tesla mats too, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'm in the same boat! I would happily pay a premium for accessories that are OEM and fitted for me for delivery day. Much better customer experience and provides them with (albeit marginal compared to cars) an additional revenue stream. Even the option during checkout would be an easy fix.

You can tell they aren't a car business at heart :p

This (accessories) is a HUGE money spinner for 'conventional' car dealers and manufacturers. Small margin on the base car, huge margin on higher models, accessories, paint treatments, etc.

Should we be grateful that Tesla is so 'unconventional' that they walk away from the up-sell opportunities? Does this approach sustain the third-party market?
Pro's and con's to being conventional vs unconventional.. I just would assume Tesla being eco-conscious and consumer-driven - having accessories optioned and fitted for delivery saves individual postage costs and extra carbon footprint for them while providing a better customer experience IMO.

Each to their own, but I know I would prefer OEM everything.

Reactions: Tesl3on and Jules22
Ouch
IMG_0405.png