Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$758 for floor mats? ☠️

I got my whole set for $120 and here is a picture of them 1 year later after a good wash. Still in great condition.

View attachment 1006154
Yeah. Not sure why the crazy pricing on their global store but let’s hope the local distributor manages to price them a bit more stomachable. I like the two options of the floor mats - best of both worlds being both carpet and all weather.

I didnt realise the pointy bit at the top of australia was so close to PNG. It looks sbout the same to KI from Cape jervis..

IMG_8210.jpeg

Yeah I agree the Tesla is the better value. Tesla is an interesting company in that it does some amazingly innovative things, and at the same time amazingly stupid things.

It’s quite apparent the reason we haven’t gotten a VIN is quite simply they did not take into account the orders coming out of Australia to adjust the configurations being built. With the build date of Nov for most people’s cars on the DJ, that’s two months after most people ordered and they could look at the numbers.

It’s an amazingly stupid oversight, but then they made an amazingly good car.
Dude, its 5 days into the three-month window. I'm sure you Chatswood guys will be sorted.

Brah is 58 and hasn’t seen a map
Hey im not that old.
Back in my day we had mud maps, and when we had to go somewhere we had to count out paces. one pace was a meter andafter every 100meters we would tie an onion to our belt, that was the trend at the time. 10 onions would make a punet and then it was time to give one onion to the centaur who would then use those onions to keep track of the hundreds of steps. Every hundred hundreds and he gave an onion to the next guy up the line and on and on it went until eventually you either reached your destination or ran out of onions.

everyone cancelled their M3H orders, and got BYDs. We're all hanging out in the bydmotorssclub site chatting about it now, come join us?
Did you follow me home? I have an electric moped I rode home on today and I looked in my mirror at one point and I was being “tailgated” by a BYD. I felt like they were gonna run me over at the next set of lights 🤣 it’s like they knew and were stalking me like Christine (aged myself right there) 🤣

Reactions: edy80y and Jules22
Yeah I agree the Tesla is the better value. Tesla is an interesting company in that it does some amazingly innovative things, and at the same time amazingly stupid things.

It’s quite apparent the reason we haven’t gotten a VIN is quite simply they did not take into account the orders coming out of Australia to adjust the configurations being built. With the build date of Nov for most people’s cars on the DJ, that’s two months after most people ordered and they could look at the numbers.

It’s an amazingly stupid oversight, but then they made an amazingly good car.

Sorry but this is nuts.

You honestly think that Tesla doesn’t have the capability to build to order?

My car was built two days before it was driven onto the boat to Australia. If you don’t think that Tesla aren’t the world’s experts in just in time delivery for cars then you haven’t been paying attention.

There has been something else that has happened that has messed up delivery windows. Maybe something out of their hands, maybe something in their hands. Who knows. I have my own theory, but others are available.

Point is, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with Tesla’s inability to build and deliver what has been ordered.

Reactions: Jules22
Sorry but this is nuts.

You honestly think that Tesla doesn’t have the capability to build to order?

My car was built two days before it was driven onto the boat to Australia. If you don’t think that Telstra aren’t the world’s experts in just in time delivery for cars then you haven’t been paying attention.

There has been something else that has happened that has messed up delivery windows. Maybe something out of their hands, maybe something in their hands. Who knows. I have my own theory, but others are available.

Point is, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with Tesla’s inability to build and deliver what has been ordered.
I watched a BMW mini get processed from order to completion once and part of that just amazed me how quickly they produced a car. Not just bosh bosh bosh but to order, to spec, to your input (which had many options) to your output….
Tesla has way less options they did! Delivery issues are not Tesla controlled until they own the infrastructure from factory to port and beyond!
You can control a lot. You can’t control weather, bio security, port and infrastructure….