Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did find the auto lane changes can be a little bit of a pain in the way it's implemented here in Aus. (Note- I had it set to confirm lane changes rather than just let it do them iteself, meant to try it with that off but never got around to it. I THINK though that it doesn't really matter in Australia, you still have to confirm either way).

The issues I found were that when it tells you it wants to change lanes (or you can initiate with the indicator), you have to use the indicator and give the wheel a tug for it to do it. Couple of things to be aware of, I was in the habit of using the half press on the indicator stalk from ICE cars, so you just do 3 or 4 blinks and change lanes. If you do that in the Tesla, what ends up happening is that it starts changing lanes then it's half way accross when the 3 or 4 blinks finish, it thinks you changed your mind and veers back into the original lane.

Completely user error but took a bit to get out of that habbit. Will be better in the M3H with the indicator buttons, also when I set the indicator stalk to 'auto cancel' later in the trip, that made it a lot better.

The other one is the tug of the wheel, unlike the slight pressure it asks you to put on EAP/FSD, it requires a bit more of a tug I found, and quite often it is very easy to knock it out of AP, which again is annoying. This is a quirk of the Australian regulations which makes it more dangerous than if it was just like the US and only required the indicator to confirm (and also allows you to just let it change lanes itself).

Just a few things I found to be aware of, I'm hoping we'll be in line with the US soon enough (2 weeks? :D ), so some of these annoyances can be removed and EAP/FSD will work a lot better than it does currently.
Thanks heaps for this, I did get to try it on my test drive (the team at Tesla kindly let me take it for a long drive) but only used the confirmation you described. Will be really keen to see it fully enabled without triggering the change here in aus

Reactions: Jules22
Im not with SG Fleet but mine is behaving similar. There seems to be a weird connection between the NL company and the Financiar.
I noticed this time my NL is using a different Financiar... not sure why.. Ive asked them to get ready to settle the invoice as the car is in the country.
Yeh just very annoying not even an auto reply saying we’ve received your email and will contact asap…

I called three time - one said they won’t process till two weeks before, another one said my case manager is on a call and will call back and last was worse saying will need to re-quote. ( pretty sure they said finance is valid till Feb but maybe to do with the $1800 extra for upgraded 19”?)

Just very confusing.. will just have to cal again next week I guess!

All good points. Im pretty confident Tesla know what they are doing in that regard :)

Sometimes these "influencers" seem to get excited about their self importance and maybe its just a generational thing, but they expect everything for nothing. Its good to have a voice though, kudos for that.

My hat goes off to the guys who were early adopters of Tesla cars (and we have some in this AU forum!) who were passionate enough to put their money where their mouth is and actually buy cars, without expecting to be given them to drive around in and make money from. There was limited to no charging infrastructure, no rebates and rather large invoices. Their purchases funded the development of generations of cars, and we are lucky enough to benefit from that evolution. Well, you will be @Jules22 if your car ever gets there... :)
You’re welcome.
I think ordering the Model S in 2012 was possibly the most significant and influential act I have done in my life.
However it may not have been possible unless Simon Hackett had purchased his LHD Roadster to enter into the Solar Challenge a few years earlier and raised the profile of Electric cars in Australia and probably convinced Tesla to sell in far away RHD Australia. Remember Tesla cars are still not available in South Africa where Elon was born.

Last edited:
Anyone with SG fleet? I’ve sent through invoice last week but haven’t heard anything. And I called a few times and everyone is giving me a different answer
Yep also with SG Fleet and also having a similar problem. I had to redo my finance application as it'd expired and I still haven't heard anything back.

Tesla SA advised me to tell them t-2 on the delivery date because they're often late to the party.

Yep also with SG Fleet and also having a similar problem. I had to redo my finance application as it'd expired and I still haven't heard anything back.

Tesla SA advised me to tell them t-2 on the delivery date because they're often late to the party.
My Tesla SA suggested the same. Ive asked my NL to settle the invoice ASAP so there are no delays.
I suspect with all the M3 and MY about to hit the delivery centres its about to get hectic.

Reactions: avfc1982
Just thinking out loud, yes, dangerous i know.
Do you think the messaging for booking the delivery goes out while the vehicle is still enroute to the delivery centre and they factor in the predelivery time, or does it go out after they have prepared the vehicle for delivery and it is ready to go?

Just thinking out loud, yes, dangerous i know.
Do you think the messaging for booking the delivery goes out while the vehicle is still enroute to the delivery centre and they factor in the predelivery time, or does it go out after they have prepared the vehicle for delivery and it is ready to go?
Here's one I prepared earlier. This is after I asked whether I could change my pick up location if there were earlier spots. At this point I had already selected a date and time for pickup.

Not sure if there's more flexibility:
- after VIN and before choosing a date/time, OR
- before the message 'Your car has arrived in Australia'

I also asked to know which freight company is being used to transport the vehicles from PK to Miranda, they couldn't tell me. Reason for asking, I spent all this time tracking a vessel, why not a truck too, right??

1705062693374.png

Reactions: hopeless and dronus
Wait there's auto lane change on basic autopilot? I'm planning on grabbing EAP but literally mainly for the auto overtake / lane change as my commute is on the freeway
Auto change only works on basic if you have EAP. You instigate it by a full press of the blinker stalk. Car will change lanes and keep auto steer active. Without EAP, you press the blinker and turn the wheel to change, auto steer disengages when you change lanes, you then have to re-engage auto steer.

Reactions: StealthGrey