Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to this so hello everyone.
I’m currently waiting for my car to be delivered. It was on the Don Juan Melbourne.
My question is, does anyone have a delivery date that was on the Don?
It seems to be along time waiting and I don’t know if my NL should pay or do I wait for a date before they pay.

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
Why has the tracking not updated for 6 days?

Try shipfix

It updates every few hours for most vessels.

1705129619916.png

Just thinking out loud, yes, dangerous i know.
Do you think the messaging for booking the delivery goes out while the vehicle is still enroute to the delivery centre and they factor in the predelivery time, or does it go out after they have prepared the vehicle for delivery and it is ready to go?
I reckon it goes out while in route. For me in Brissy I got the “arrived in Aus” message and then the next day was “book your delivery slot” message and the first available appointments were one week away. Then I got the registration the day before I picked it up. I think they’ve mastered the “just in time” approach to each step (that is, once the boat actually gets here!!).

I reckon it goes out while in route. For me in Brissy I got the “arrived in Aus” message and then the next day was “book your delivery slot” message and the first available appointments were one week away. Then I got the registration the day before I picked it up. I think they’ve mastered the “just in time” approach to each step (that is, once the boat actually gets here!!).
Hrmm ok thanks for that, makes sense. In that case either the Adelaide cars from Beluga ACE haven't left Melbourne yet (id imagine it would only be overnight, not sure how many hours a truck driver can drive a day, 2 days at most) or they are going to another holding yard in Adelaide before going to the delivery centre.

Has anyone here in Adelaide got a booking notification yet? My estimated delivery still says 27Jan - 17 Feb but id imagine they would want to be getting as many delivered before the rest of the M3 and MYs get here.

In Adelaide our rego papers get given to us on delivery, we are not in the modern era of electronic rego yet :|

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
Well no love for the forgotten Canberrans. Was hoping we may hear something today, I think if we don't by Tuesday, then it's unlikely we are on Paganella and have to wait maybe for the second coming of the Don?

Looking like we will be pushing March at this rate, which is pretty sh!tty for the Sept 1 orders.
Im sure a few of us can go thru our waste paperbaskets, unscrunch our Don posters and send them over... Heres hoping the Pag has something on board for you!

Reactions: Jules22
Hrmm ok thanks for that, makes sense. In that case either the Adelaide cars from Beluga ACE haven't left Melbourne yet (id imagine it would only be overnight, not sure how many hours a truck driver can drive a day, 2 days at most) or they are going to another holding yard in Adelaide before going to the delivery centre.

Has anyone here in Adelaide got a booking notification yet? My estimated delivery still says 27Jan - 17 Feb but id imagine they would want to be getting as many delivered before the rest of the M3 and MYs get here.

In Adelaide our rego papers get given to us on delivery, we are not in the modern era of electronic rego yet :|
Fairly sure Adelaide cars are trained over to SA to a yard then trucked to the delivery centre

Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
I’m new to this so hello everyone.
I’m currently waiting for my car to be delivered. It was on the Don Juan Melbourne.
My question is, does anyone have a delivery date that was on the Don?
It seems to be along time waiting and I don’t know if my NL should pay or do I wait for a date before they pay.
I’m in the same boat as you except my NL has already paid. My app shows that it’s been paid in full and I’m just waiting for the delivery date. In texting and emailing Tesla they have said they are still waiting on logistics to provide a delivery date.

I havent seen any :(

I’m in the same boat as you except my NL has already paid. My app shows that it’s been paid in full and I’m just waiting for the delivery date. In texting and emailing Tesla they have said they are still waiting on logistics to provide a delivery

I’m in the same boat as you except my NL has already paid. My app shows that it’s been paid in full and I’m just waiting for the delivery date. In texting and emailing Tesla they have said they are still waiting on logistics to provide a delivery date.
Thanks for the info.đź‘Ť

If thats the case we could probably check the train schedule!
Although i have seen heaps of car transporter trucks on the highway.. train would prob be better tho i guess..
I can't see how it makes any sense to try and safely and efficiently move like (I'm assuming) several hundred cars to ADL via road, might work for some dealerships delivering like 3 cars a day but at the rate Tesla are doing deliveries I can't imagine they're not using the train but hey, I could be wrong!

Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
I can't see how it makes any sense to try and safely and efficiently move like (I'm assuming) several hundred cars to ADL via road, might work for some dealerships delivering like 3 cars a day but at the rate Tesla are doing deliveries I can't imagine they're not using the train but hey, I could be wrong!
Interesting that the MEL - ADL trains cannot accommodate double stacked containers... so any cars would have to be on single level carriages?

Transitioning from boat-nerd to train-nerd

Reactions: Tesl3on
I think it was mentioned previously that enclosed truck trailer things are regularly used to transport teslas from mel to adel, train makes sense too but i guess you would need to get the cars to the train and off the train at either end and use trucks to move them from the train to the delivery place which adds time, money and risk of damage