Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Referral awards appear to be back for Model 3s… just missed it.
I'm sitting here wondering how to go about it.... i'd assume by cancelling my current order I wouldn't get a refund on that deposit to use towards another order with referral code applied. So could potentially need to pay $50 extra overall (2x $400 deposits - $750 referral discount) to get an extended autopilot trial.

Anyone want to fact check me on that?

As off 9 am Beluga ACE is now in Berth 107 Port Kembla.. ready to unload some of our ACT and NSW M3Hs..don’t want stink bugs 🐞 or quarantine .. put it in truck and send it straight to destinations please please please

1705099325483.png

Reactions: DrKwong
The referral bonus had been dropped down to $350 + 3 months enhanced autopilot for Model Ys, I assume it’d be no more than that for the 3?
There doesn't seem to be any benefit for the buyer right now.
And for the referrer it's dropped from 10,000 credits to 5,000 credits.
Or 10,000 if you're an existing owner buying another Tesla.

As seen on the mobile app:

Screenshot_20240113-073936.png
Screenshot_20240113-073946.png
Screenshot_20240113-073957.png

And on the Tesla order page it just says "Referral applied" but the drive away price is the same, and no mention of an EAP trial.

Would anyone here happen to know if i'm selling my old Tesla Model 3 for the new Highland, does the Premium connectivity transfer over or do I need to cancel the current one and re-apply for the Highland? Guess I could ask Tesla this but thought i'd ask here in case anyone knows.

Would anyone here happen to know if i'm selling my old Tesla Model 3 for the new Highland, does the Premium connectivity transfer over or do I need to cancel the current one and re-apply for the Highland? Guess I could ask Tesla this but thought i'd ask here in case anyone knows.
Cancel and re-add to the new car. It's linked to the car - if you have multiple cars you can decide on a car-by-car basis which ones have premium and which ones don't.

(I had to do this when replacing a written-off vehicle with a new one - it's pretty easy, you can do it all through the website or possibly even the app).

Another thing to consider before handing over the car you're selling - do a factory reset before transferring ownership using the Tesla site, because you need to enter the owner's credentials to do a factory reset. (You will want to do a factory reset to ensure all your Netflix/Disney etc credentials, navigation destinations etc are removed).