Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really confused now though, had a VIN on Beluga, they took it but now I have one again only after they unloaded?
Doesn't seem too confusing to me - they accidentally assigned some of you VINs from vehicles that were right up the front on the boat, so those had to be unloaded in Port Melbourne, and they've reassigned you vehicles that were further in and unloaded later at Port Kembla.

They don't have unlimited freedom to choose which cars get unloaded at which port, because when they're fully loaded there's no room to move the cars around.

(Since most of the east coast sailings are the other way around, calling at Port Kembla before Port Melbourne, that might even explain how the mistake was made).

Doesn't seem too confusing to me - they accidentally assigned some of you VINs from vehicles that were right up the front on the boat, so those had to be unloaded in Port Melbourne, and they've reassigned you vehicles that were further in and unloaded later at Port Kembla.

They don't have unlimited freedom to choose which cars get unloaded at which port, because when they're fully loaded there's no room to move the cars around.

(Since most of the east coast sailings are the other way around, callign at Port Kembla before Port Melbourne, that might even explain how the mistake was made).
Yeah, get that, just weird that they couldn't tell us anything between the stuff up and only now after the vehicle was unloaded.

Another scenario is that it's a cancelled order and I just got lucky (I really hope it isn't that and that the rest of those in my position are getting notifications soon)

Reactions: hopeless and dronus