Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have thought that Tesla Australia’s cash flow would have dropped to such a trickle by now that Elon would have put on his personal butt kicking boots and gone looking for targets.

If you do the math that’s a lot of hardware that’s been built and losing them money every day sitting in car yards.
But next months sales figures are going to be impressive :)

Reactions: Quickst
Can’t you just fold the seat down a little, feed the belt and clip it from inside the boot without needing tools? I bet if Tesla had another hook/loop pointing down towards the boot floor, they could’ve made that argument.
Hmm not sure. The shelf kinda locks in.
Yeah wouldnt need tools, it would just be a PITA. Ive never tried it and never will in that car!

Can’t you just fold the seat down a little, feed the belt and clip it from inside the boot without needing tools? I bet if Tesla had another hook/loop pointing down towards the boot floor, they could’ve made that argument.
I had a quick look at my Mazda 6 GL sedan. It has a quick access flap on the shelf because the tether points are mounted upwards. And all three tethers are bolted on with an 8 mil bolt.

So there you go, a quick fix idea, get some bolt on hooks and bolt one facing down and argue the “tool-free access” is by folding the seat down. Right now they can’t argue that because it’s not possible to safely attach a tether from underneath.

Driver testing whether it stops in hump or not? Or was he trying to adjust parking position and swiped the screen in wrong direction, ended up going forward instead of reverse?

CarWow almost hit the car in front of him during parking test on this video

I always find it weird when they say on the news that a car drove thru a shop front because the driver pressed the accelerator rather than the brake. Good luck in s highland!

I had a quick look at my Mazda 6 GL sedan. It has a quick access flap on the shelf because the tether points are mounted upwards. And all three tethers are bolted on with an 8 mil bolt.

So there you go, a quick fix idea, get some bolt on hooks and bolt one facing down and argue the “tool-free access” is by folding the seat down. Right now they can’t argue that because it’s not possible to safely attach a tether from underneath.
My other-other spare car has threaded holes covered with caps in the parcel shelf but no mounts. The is only a centre tether. This is standard in s VZ. Im assuming you would not only need the mounts , but you would need tools to screw them in? How is this compliant?

IMG_8477.jpeg
IMG_8478.jpeg

Reactions: Rosier