Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just the parts, but the introduction of entirely new process...
I don't think entirely new, it's the same shelf, albeit with a 3rd middle tether hole. Likely it walks and talks like a regular parcel shelf so was a quick removal/addition.. the process would've very likely already existed at the factory level, but just missed for this Aussie batch. Hopefully no further issues going forward but glad they're proactively telling people that if they find rattles, to contact service.

Reactions: dronus
Tried it once but didn't quite get the search right. Will try it again. thanks
Yeah im no expert but i think there are a few things you can turn on or off to see certain things.
Also, if you go there and see something that isnt on plugshare i believe you can add it so others can find it too.

Maybe people dont add the free ones so it diesnt become popular and they can use it… dunno.. like a good fishing spot..

Reactions: jeevas123
I don't think entirely new, it's the same shelf, albeit with 3rd middle tether point. Likely it walks and talks like a regular parcel shelf so was a quick removal/addition.. the process would've very likely already existed at the factory level, but just missed for this Aussie batch. Hopefully no further issues going forward but glad they're proactively telling people that if they find rattles are going forward, to contact service.
I meant the introduction of the new process which the employees have to follow to replace this efficiently and effectively before delivery.

They have little bit luxury of time for fixing the assembly line as well as for fixing the cars that are already delivered.

I meant the introduction of the new process which the employees have to follow to replace this efficiently and effectively before delivery.

They have little bit luxury of time for fixing the assembly line as well as for fixing the cars that are already delivered.
Imagine how long toyota would take to do this… they would still be talking about it.

Tesla seem to buck that trend.

Last edited:
Yeah im no expert but i think there are a few things you can turn on or off to see certain things.
Also, if you go there and see something that isnt on plugshare i believe you can add it so others can find it too.

Maybe people dont add the free ones so it diesnt become popular and they can use it… dunno.. like a good fishing spot..
The good fishing spots in Canberra:

Coles Dickson: 4 x 11kW chargers (Exploren) (spend $20 at Coles to receive 2 hours free parking, otherwise $2).
Majura Park Shopping Centre: 1 x 7kW Telsa Destination charger. Free for all, but always has a Tesla there. Available 24/7.
IKEA Canberra: 4 x 22kW chargers (ChargeFox). Available 24/7.

For the Aussie DC's? You could be right, I would assume it would be their service guys doing it.. people with a bit of Tesla know-how, following an approved factory installation guide/instructions. Once they've done a practice run on @dronus's and stuff it up 7 times, they'll do the rest of ours without issue ;)

The good fishing spots in Canberra:

Coles Dickson: 4 x 11kW chargers (Exploren) (spend $20 at Coles to receive 2 hours free parking, otherwise $2).
Majura Park Shopping Centre: 1 x 7kW Telsa Destination charger. Free for all, but always has a Tesla there. Available 24/7.
IKEA Canberra: 4 x 22kW chargers (ChargeFox). Available 24/7.
Ill have to look for free ones around rAdelaide but i doubt it.

For the Aussie DC's? You could be right, I would assume it would be their service guys doing it.. people with a bit of Tesla know-how, following an approved factory installatiojn guide/instructions. Once they've done a practice run on @dronus's and stuff it up 7 times, they'll do the rest of ours without issue ;)
My parcel shelf probably resembles a slice of swiss cheese thats on one of those public toilets floors

All the accessories sorted and ready to go then covered back up by the most rad flag in Australia

IMG_8590.jpeg

For the Aussie DC's? You could be right, I would assume it would be their service guys doing it.. people with a bit of Tesla know-how, following an approved factory installation guide/instructions. Once they've done a practice run on @dronus's and stuff it up 7 times, they'll do the rest of ours without issue ;)
Hey plenty of east coast cars to practice on first.
Im guessing the reason its taken a few extra days to get the SA cars done is that they got actual service people to do it properly haha

Reactions: e-enthusiast30