Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like FA has flipped upside down

IMG_5443.jpeg

Reactions: dronus
Hi Everyone.

I am finding everyone's posts very informative/helpful . I have just ordered my first EV (actually I haven't had any car since 2018). I am very excited even though I will probably have a fairly long wait.

Model 3 RWD Red, black seats and standard wheels.
Order Date: 27 Jan 2024.

I doubt I will be very active on these forums (other than reading) but I felt like I had to share with someone as no one around me is interested in EVs haha.

I wonder where they are? The DC has a decent sized warehouse out the back there.. hmm
Unsure how I was offered Tuesday but all my three options were Tuesday/Wednesday originally. I had paid in full a day before the halt on deliveries started so maybe it was purely in order of paying (and had an early August order).

I was told they were still on the road train/whatever was delivering them to the DC and they weren't going to make it. Definitely cutting it fine that is for sure.

Unsure how I was offered Tuesday but all my three options were Tuesday/Wednesday originally. I had paid in full a day before the halt on deliveries started so maybe it was purely in order of paying (and had an early August order).

I was told they were still on the road train/whatever was delivering them to the DC and they weren't going to make it. Definitely cutting it fine that is for sure.
Ohh yeah maybe going by that paid date + order date. Mine was mid August.

They did say to me that they would let me know if its available to collect earlier. The earliest avail on my email was thursday 10am (which i grabbed) but there was big holes in the times which i assume were for other people :)

They would be in Adelaide somewhere as there has been photos of them here so its a bit strange indeed :) Unless yours is still on the way from Melb?

Hi Everyone.

I am finding everyone's posts very informative/helpful . I have just ordered my first EV (actually I haven't had any car since 2018). I am very excited even though I will probably have a fairly long wait.

Model 3 RWD Red, black seats and standard wheels.
Order Date: 27 Jan 2024.

I doubt I will be very active on these forums (other than reading) but I felt like I had to share with someone as no one around me is interested in EVs haha.
Congrats mate, you won't regret it!

How flexible are they with delivery? I will be away for a few days during my delivery range.
I believe they give you a week leeway, but best bet is to engage with them early and let them know what dates you are not available. They may be able to put your car to the back of the list now and save hassles rather than if they only find out after they've made it ready.

People who are given a pickup time:

Irrespective of the selected delivery time, you can turn up earlier on the day if you wish.
Especially if you don't want the battery to charge to 100%. They typically use Wall Connectors to charge and they charge the cars in sequence of arrival.
Ohh trust me, they are probably going to have to kick me to wake me up to move my tent in front of the door so they can get in first thing in the morning haha.

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22
I believe they give you a week leeway, but best bet is to engage with them early and let them know what dates you are not available. They may be able to put your car to the back of the list now and save hassles rather than if they only find out after they've made it ready.
I can confirm that...
Just got a message back from Tesla (after I had asked them earlier), that they will endeavour to give me around 5-7 days notice of when the car is expected to arrive into the DC to allow sufficient time to prepare the final funds transfer and insurance cover.

I can confirm that...
Just got a message back from Tesla (after I had asked them earlier), that they will endeavour to give me around 5-7 days notice of when the car is expected to arrive into the DC to allow sufficient time to prepare the final funds transfer and insurance cover.
Yeah, every interraction I've had they've been more than happy to do whatever they can, but like anything if you get in front of it as early as possible and work with them, rather than wait till the last second, you generally get best results.

Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
I can confirm that...
i can pick yours up too..
ohh boy my shed is going to look sick with all these model 3s in it!