Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ETA changed from jan-march with everyone else to FEB 15 - March 22
24th January - eta changed FEB 14-March 21
25th January - Got sms saying model 3 assigned and im on PAGANELLA vessel,
26th January - This morning it changed to FEB 13 - March 20
29th January - This morning eta changed to FEB 4 - March 11
30th January - eta GONE. just says Estimated Delivery: TBD Delivery timing will be available soon in web account now.
30th January - Has changed to Estimated Delivery: February 16 - March 23 *CRIES*

Still no VIN

but what if it happens regularly, I mean you gonna go through that effort for every single scratch? could be multiple times a week/month is what Im saying

I mean yeah I'd want to as well, but in the end would probably just drive me mad constantly checking and following up on each one

Park further away from numpties.

My recently-sold 6-year-old Subaru Liberty had ZERO car park damage, so I'd be chasing up any identifiable events.

(I should say that I drive my wife mad by parking in the furthest extremes of car parks to avoid (where possible) encounters with other vehicles. [Perhaps The Professor is a bit of a misanthrope.] I know where all the 'best spaces' are in my local shopping centres (pole on both sides of the space, or similar), Sydney Airport P3, etc. My car will soon learn where to park.)

I guess it depends, if it was very minor and unintentional I'd let it go most likely, cops probably won't be interested.

If it's intentional vandalism though, definitely, there have been several cases recently where they have caught up with the person and prosecuted them, and so they should for these low-lifes.
Recent reported incidents shows that committers are not really looking like lowlife's. Some are respected senior citizens owning multi-million properties in affluent neighbourhoods.

Reactions: AusMar
I would be there by now forsure haha

It looks like my prebooked uber will get me there 30 mins before appointment.. cant be too careful and thats a few days away haha
My plan is to reach there atleast 2 hours before and hang around with a gopro or mirrorless and relax, rejoice and devour each and every second with a smile. Even considering going there early morning taking the whole day off.:)

Reactions: MacTessy
594hrs remaining for me
Damn it i slept thru 69 hours…

IMG_8639.jpeg

10th September Ordered LR White 18" wheels everything else stock Sydney-Chatswood

ETA changed from jan-march with everyone else to FEB 15 - March 22
24th January - eta changed FEB 14-March 21
25th January - Got sms saying model 3 assigned and im on PAGANELLA vessel,
26th January - This morning it changed to FEB 13 - March 20
29th January - This morning eta changed to FEB 4 - March 11
30th January - eta GONE. just says Estimated Delivery: TBD Delivery timing will be available soon in web account now.

Still no VIN

I feel for you. The system is not deterministic.

Another member on here ordered same config as me (and you) in December, and received his car in the first batch from Don Juan.

You can see my details in sig (below) - ordered same car as you a few days AFTER you. My car was on the MV Paganella. I've been through all the date changes you have experienced. The experience is identical EXCEPT that I got a VIN a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't had any EDD change today.

There is some (anecdotal? unreliable? speculative?) evidence that choosing Chatswood DC can cause things to be delayed because the daily delivery capacity at Chatswood is only a handful of cars. I originally selected Chatswood DC, and I missed out on getting a VIN in the first round of excitement across the Christmas/New Year period. I contacted Tesla (took a punt?) and asked to change to the Alexandria DC, and now I have a VIN. I don't think this proves anything with any degree of certainty... but you have to wonder why my order seems to be progressing and your (slightly earlier) order is languishing in some way.

On the weekend, I popped into the Alexandria showroom to check a few aspects of the car and to confirm that the change from Chatswood DC to Alexandria DC had been completed. It had. But the sales guy also told me that many people who had selected the smaller DCs would see their deliveries shifted to Alexandria because they need to move a LOT of cars in the next month or so - and Alexandria is the way to make that happen.

Don't do anything because I told you to (I hope you've spotted all the caveats in the words above), but I gotta wonder whether you might be caught up in the Chatswood Malaise. Or not.

Reactions: RichY3
Doesn't make them any less low life's
I was sitting in my my car in sons work carpark waiting to give him a ride home when an old lady parked next to me, got out leaning her door against mine. I opened my window and it was clear she did not care. After she started to walk out i got out and took a photo of her car and number plate. She got angry citing im not alliwed to takd photos of her car or something.
I just said obviously you dont care about others property but my insurance company is, prepare to hear from them.

Lots of People just dont care, its all about them. One day they will do it to someone less peacefull and they will end up getting thumped

I always park away from everyone, i dont mind walking, i like thd exercise and am grateful that i can. Somehow, however some dh always parks next to me.
Its sort of ok if its another nice car, but sometimes kids getting out of mercs back doors are quite reckless too

Reactions: AusMar
I was sitting in my my car in sons work carpark waiting to give him a ride home when an old lady parked next to me, got out leaning her door against mine. I opened my window and it was clear she did not care. After she started to walk out i got out and took a photo of her car and number plate. She got angry citing im not alliwed to takd photos of her car or something.
I just said obviously you dont care about others property but my insurance company is, prepare to hear from them.

Lots of People just dont care, its all about them. One day they will do it to someone less peacefull and they will end up getting thumped
isn't this where the boombox speaker can scare them away with a loud announcement?, e.g "MA'AM MOVE AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE"

Reactions: dronus