Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Veda, do you know if Tesla adjust their production numbers of each variant based on previous quarter's demand for instance?

I know you have said it's orders in get assigned and that they don't make to order, but I'd have to assume the orders placed this/last quarter would influence what is being produced in the factory to a degree right?
No. it affects production 2 quarters ahead. The supplier lead times are quite long at the moment. This is why demand is outstripping supply this quarter.

Reactions: Kevsaccount
ok, thanks

Sound strange though. it's LR, white with black interior. The most popular...
Sucks, but it would seems likely that combo isn't being produced in the quantities needed for the current global demand and you've drawn the short straw.

I'm waiting on a White LR and my agent told me that while he had originally assumed I would get it this round, they weren't getting as many as expected and my order was one of the types that was delayed. I'm new to all this, but I have to assume that my combo is also relatively common being White/White LR.

The issue here is that to compare my order date to others would be ignoring things like global demand (this is the Australian specific thread so you will be missing a massive amount of data) changes to orders (I changed spec on 20th, which no doubt pushed me back in queue), silent orders (eg those who don't join forums to post info online lol) I can see why Veda said this metric isn't really helpful for determining delivery, it has far too many variables.

Imho, best to just treat it as a preorder without a date until you get the VIN (and join Veda's tracking once you do - if you're into that)

Sucks, but it would seems likely that combo isn't being produced in the quantities needed for the current global demand and you've drawn the short straw.

I'm waiting on a White LR and my agent told me that while he had originally assumed I would get it this round, they weren't getting as many as expected and my order was one of the types that was delayed. I'm new to all this, but I have to assume that my combo is also relatively common being White/White LR.

The issue here is that to compare my order date to others would be ignoring things like global demand (this is the Australian specific thread so you will be missing a massive amount of data) changes to orders (I changed spec on 20th, which no doubt pushed me back in queue), silent orders (eg those who don't join forums to post info online lol) I can see why Veda said this metric isn't really helpful for determining delivery, it has far too many variables.

Imho, best to just treat it as a preorder without a date until you get the VIN (and join Veda's tracking once you do - if you're into that)
It would be global demand for RHD only tho. And that changes the picture significantly since the LR aus not even available in some markets such as Singapore (not that they order many anyways due to COE restrictions). A car made for RHD could be allocated to the RHD countries only. These two factors make the delivery estimates much more accurate for us and other RHD countries.

Talk about muddying the waters!

Now we’re down to a case of who knows when you will get your car? If ever. Depends on what Tesla feels like making this quarter! Lol.

If that’s the case then they should just scrap ordering and dump everything in the inventory every quarter. First in best dressed!

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Talk about muddying the waters!

Now we’re down to a case of who knows when you will get your car? If ever. Depends on what Tesla feels like making this quarter! Lol.

If that’s the case then they should just scrap ordering and dump everything in the inventory every quarter. First in best dressed!
Just be patient. As Vedaprime has said that VIN's will likely take a few weeks. Clearly by delivery dates all Teslas this quarter are not coming on the same ship.:cool:

Reactions: Kevsaccount
If ever. Depends on what Tesla feels like making this quarter! Lol.
Don't be dramatic,

Tesla builds based on demand, and that is based on demand 2 quarters ago (confirmed from Veda a few posts ago) and would be specific for your region (LHD vs RHD).

My point is that your order date has a lot of things riding on it and isn't going to be black and white. Take mine for instance, which was ordered on 6/12/2021. I've changed from black to white interior on the 20th which would push me back in that sub-queue, and I don't know how this impacts my order in the queue either.

I guess you can compare to others if they share the same spec and around the same order date to get a guideline for yourself, but I would take any date with a pinch of salt until I have a VIN personally.