Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's good to know. What's your source out of interest?
There has been a lot of discussion about it lately, check out the last few pages. Many people have confirmed with their SA’s that new cars come with the ryzen chip amongst other things. I am not aware of any discrimination between the LR and SR. I can’t explain the lack of range drop however, that is interesting but I’m sure there is a reasonable explanation.

That's good to know. What's your source out of interest?

There has been a lot of discussion about it lately, check out the last few pages. Many people have confirmed with their SA’s that new cars come with the ryzen chip amongst other things. I am not aware of any discrimination between the LR and SR. I can’t explain the lack of range drop however, that is interesting but I’m sure there is a reasonable explanation.
I forgot to add earlier that my SA messaged me today for my 12/11 OD M3 LR and advised it is coming with all the 'upgrades' I mentioned the other day. Probably safe to assume that all orders to be delivered in this qtr will be the same unless someone is finding inventory stock (which I highly doubt).

Also this article: Tesla lowers Model 3 range estimates in Europe due to extra power consumption of AMD Ryzen processor [Update]

According to an internal email sent to European Service Centers this morning, the details of which were shared with Drive Tesla, the new processors require more power than the previous Intel Atom processors, resulting in the slightly lower range estimate.

and

Additionally, the Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) and Performance Model 3s didn’t see their ranges adjusted because it had already been factored in when the estimated ranges were updated late last year.

Is the logical conclusion then the Ryzen is not coming to the RWD (at least this quarter)?
It creates some doubt even given all the reports from Tesla SA's (including my own) that the RWD will have it, but then the Ryzen shouldn't have this much impact to WLTP range on the LR & P either as it is having so there's that as well, got to be more to the story.

Looks like the cars could be on the Morning Clara .. It says its first port is Brisbane, but maybe next Port Kembla :)

No Tesla on this

I see people want to compare order dates, they mean nothing at vin allocation. Vin allocation for q1 will go for another 3 or so weeks.

Might have posted this in the wrong thread but thought I would share this page I found in Chinese.
I am bored to death waiting for my M3.
This might interest prospective owners of 2022 models, I searched in Chinese pages simply thinking that's the country of manufacture.
For those who are interested in kW and Nm, but please don't quote me on the accuracy of those numbers, just sharing what I found since Tesla doesn't show kW and Nm on official websites.
Screenshot .png

Rough translation from the first row down:
First column RWD, Second column: Performance
Release date: year/month
Body size
NEDC range
CLTC range
Power kW: RWD 202 kw Perf 357 kw
Torque Nm: RWD 404 nm Perf 659 nm
top speed km/hr RWD 225 km/hr Perf 261 km/hr
0-100 km/hr: RWD 6.1s Perf 3.3s
Battery type: RWD: LFP Perf: NCA
Battery size

note: scrolling the page down shows break down of front and rear motor spec of Performance
front: 137 kw/219 Nm rear: 220kw/440Nm (used in SR+ ??? explains 0.5sec slower ??? )

I can't find anything regarding LR AWD on this website.

• Informative
Reactions: indianinjapan
Might have posted this in the wrong thread but thought I would share this page I found in Chinese.
This might interest prospective owners of 2022 models, I searched in Chinese pages simply thinking that's the country of manufacture.
For those who are interested in kW and Nm, but please don't quote me on the accuracy of those numbers, just sharing what I found since Tesla doesn't show kW and Nm on official websites.
I found this today If you change the en_au to en_cn in the manual you get details on the drives and their KW and Nm

Not sure if its helpful :)

View attachment 756568
Rough translation from the first row down:
First column RWD, Second column: Performance
Release date: year/month
Body size
NEDC range
CLTC range
Power kW: RWD 202 kw Perf 357 kw
Torque Nm: RWD 404 nm Perf 659 nm
top speed km/hr RWD 225 km/hr Perf 261 km/hr
0-100 km/hr: RWD 6.1s Perf 3.3s
Battery type: RWD: LFP Perf: NCA
Battery size

note: scrolling the page down shows break down of front and rear motor spec of Performance
front: 137 kw/219 Nm rear: 220kw/440Nm (used in SR+ ??? explains 0.5sec slower ??? )

I can't find anything regarding LR AWD on this website.
Thanks. You can find the English manual In China.
A5A881E0-82A7-4250-84CD-B9C10C1340CC.jpeg

Long range used 3D3 in front same as Performance but uses 3D7 for rear against 3D6 for Performance rear.

Standard range uses 3D1 in rear.

Reactions: MAXPOiNT