Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car production and allocation process might seem like a crap shoot
83046659_s.jpg

However, as with most logisitic and engineering processes, it is simply likely to be far more involved and nuanced than it seems to a casual outside observer.

Reactions: moa999
Add yourself to the spreadsheet, we have very few December orders in there. Helps everyone get an idea of where we are in the order.

Spreadsheet is view only?

So i'm thinking about the maths of the orders that received vins on the 28th. 1 day worth of LR orders and maybe 3 days worth of RWD orders can't equate to very many cars surely. Certainly not thousands.

What do people think?
I agree, so that means that they could have been left overs from UK production and ours will be from the 5th on once the factory reopens?

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
So i'm thinking about the maths of the orders that received vins on the 28th. 1 day worth of LR orders and maybe 3 days worth of RWD orders can't equate to very many cars surely. Certainly not thousands.

What do people think?
What I think is that there would be a dedicated ship that leaves Shanghai in July and will carry 3000-4000 Model 3s for Australia and New Zealand (not sharing ships with Ys). If Tesla wants they could easily produce these 3000-4000 RHD Model 3s within a week of time.