Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patience Patience Patience.
Quotefancy-16796-3840x2160.jpg

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I'm confused?

Tesla Shanghai can produce 2+ thousand cars a day
They only need 1-2 days to entirely fill up a ship
But who are they producing for? Au/NZ/UK/SG (and others?) are essentially the same car. RHD, CCS2 port. They could be pumping out 2000 cars a day, but if 80% are heading to the UK who also got stiffed (10000 cars short in Q2 is an estimate I've seen) by the Q2 shutdown that could be why we think we are only seeing a couple hundred at a time for NZ/AU delivery. Add in the batching of production runs and the vin assignment process and we really are just guessing how many are coming.

In that case, past performance is the best metric for future performance.

Maybe just panicking but i am getting strong Q2 vibes right now. A round of VINs would do a lot to aleviate that.
So we should be expecting ~ 4000 + units this Q

We do have a round of VIN's and even "firmed up" EDD dates. Outside of some black swan event we should be seeing things return to how they were in Q1

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus
So we should be expecting ~ 4000 + units this Q

We do have a round of VIN's and even "firmed up" EDD dates. Outside of some black swan event we should be seeing things return to how they were in Q1
Back to square 1. We've seen very very few vins and firmed up EDDS. And the cars they forgot to make in Q1 are the same cars we are currently waiting for. And we have a 2 week shutdown of the line, as per Q2.

I will now be jumping off the debate hyperloop.

Back to square 1. We've seen very very few vins and firmed up EDDS. And the cars they forgot to make in Q1 are the same cars we are currently waiting for. And we have a 2 week shutdown of the line, as per Q2.
So blame the Chinese Government, not Tesla

We've seen very few VIN's and EDD's....reported here, lots of people wouldn't even know this place existed, let alone care to comment even if they did.

We can also see these shuts line up pretty nicely with the shipping schedule allowing Tesla to ramp back up and produce cars for the ships destined to leave on the 19th July, the 24th July and now also the 8th August ( yes, I understand it's speculation and they won't all carry Tesla's )

You can also throw blame at the Australian government for it's pathetic EV incentives. We are bottom of the barrel in terms of priority for multiple reasons.

So blame the Chinese Government, not Tesla

We've seen very few VIN's and EDD's....reported here, lots of people wouldn't even know this place existed, let alone care to comment even if they did.

We can also see these shuts line up pretty nicely with the shipping schedule allowing Tesla to ramp back up and produce cars for the ships destined to leave on the 19th July, the 24th July and now also the 8th August ( yes, I understand it's speculation and they won't all carry Tesla's )

You can also throw blame at the Australian government for it's pathetic EV incentives. We are bottom of the barrel in terms of priority for multiple reasons.
Vins assigned cannot possibly equal more than 200 cars. We know how far along the queue they have gotten by way of order dates.

We don't have the number of orders but we do have verified orders on each day on the spreadsheet acting as triggers. Had they done more, later orders would have Vins. They do not however.

For RWD: 3 days of Jan orders, for LR: 1 day of Dec orders. For P: no evidence of anything.

If vin assignment was in the 1000s, orders would be 40,000+ to March.

I blame Tesla. Tesla is to blame.