Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, that must be hard! The VINs for RWD stopped 18/1. You're right at the front of the queue!
Feeling a little - well actually a lot - dudded at the moment as well. 20/1. Doh.
My wife made the observation that it has removed a lot of the gloss from getting this, the most expensive we have ever bought, car. Feels for the LR and P people who have even longer wait times following shorter promised delivery times.
Seems 3 weeks of shutdown has led to a 3 month delay in our delivery. Can't truly figure that one out ...

Fingers crossed the VINs resume tomorrow (on the assumption that the disruption to manufacture was purely July 1-4 and not a full two weeks, depending on which media source you read)
I note that Veda said offices were also impacted by the 4 day power upgrade. If that is where VINs are allocated maybe we will see more movement tomorrow on the allocations.

Reactions: Robdunc and penn_
I ordered my Tesla 3 standard white 8/2 delivery is Aug-Nov when do you think I’ll get my VIN. My loan is about to expire and I’ll get a worse interest rate. (Loan has already been extended once)
Assuming they get to your order in this batch (no guarantees) then you should have a VIN and be able to pay in the next few weeks as they trickle out the allocations of VINs.

Good find!
I wonder if this implies that the VINs are indeed being assigned as they leave the factory line, which is why we have seen no new VINs for days now.
Maybe, or maybe they have 1500 ish M3 to go through and they normally do it a few days after the car is built (thus why we get VINs when they are on the vessel already) and the office power outage means even though a few days have passed they havent managed to catch up yet.

All speculation of course :)

Reactions: Robdunc
Feeling a little - well actually a lot - dudded at the moment as well. 20/1. Doh.
My wife made the observation that it has removed a lot of the gloss from getting this, the most expensive we have ever bought, car. Feels for the LR and P people who have even longer wait times following shorter promised delivery times.
Seems 3 weeks of shutdown has led to a 3 month delay in our delivery. Can't truly figure that one out ...
Maybe being built after the shut down you might get the latest upgrades 🤔🤞

Reactions: Robdunc