Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SMS has a link to a site to complete NSW Registration online. The online app includes an NRMA CTP application. The account has a new attachment being a pre-filled registration application. However, there is no link between the two so one assumes that the Account attachment will eventually catch up with the successful online application or get dropped. The attachment contains the following interesting details: There is only 1 x Engine number field but the Tesla number looks like a composite: TG3221669xxxxxPRKTG3221660xxxxx; Compliance date is: 06/22; Drives Model Code field shows: MODE19 E5LDB; and Tare Weight: 1844.

Here is an older invoice that has both compliance and build dates on it.

1656914132656.png

Reactions: PcS000
Teslanews
has some interesting insights.
Although somewhat focussed on EU demands and maybe MYs, he makes some interesting points about the recent shutdown, and also about battery capacity.
anticipation about shipping and departure dates
production run for m3 to ramp up faster than MY as well as uncertainty about length of shutdown. he also inthe dark about details and says "watch the parking lot".

Really good question.

HoopyFrood did spot some M3s in a different area.
Hopefully more to come soon.
Ah yes! I did see Hoopys post with some pretty good detective work but it looked like a few 3's amongst many Y's. I do hope I am wrong and we start getting some good news in the next couple of weeks! I didn't realise this journey was going to be filled with so much hoping and guessing! 😅

Reactions: Redrum
I don't think there is any correlation to vin.
I am wondering if it's correlated to a scheduled future production run. We discounted it before all this because new (at the time) Y orders had it too.

But as it turned out, loads of Ys were in fact built super quickly. So it's possible those orders were assigned to an already scheduled build? Maybe it needs a revisit. If we can find Y orders with 'true', that will give a clue.

I am wondering if it's correlated to a scheduled future production run. We discounted it before all this because new (at the time) Y orders had it too.

But as it turned out, loads of Ys were in fact built super quickly. So it's possible those orders were assigned to an already scheduled build? Maybe it needs a revisit. If we can find Y orders with 'true', that will give a clue.
Someone (other than me) order a Y now and see what it says.

Interesting! Especially in relation to what has happened with those Y orders now getting a VIN... HMMMM....

However I am perplexed that Tesla has these details sotred in the javascript page source but doesn't make them available immediately customers. Maybe previously OD -> EDD was so short most customers didn't care about all the 'insignificant' steps inbetween. 😅

Reactions: Hoopyfrood