Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the likely situation now is that Morning Clara has LR, P and some RWD cars on it (these seem to mostly have non-standard wheels) and that East Coast VIN's will be allocated while the vessel is on the water.

For the "standard" RWD's the production line was rumoured to be running up to today so all those will be scheduled to leave on Viking Passama next week and we will see VIN allocations for the Perth orders on Sunday the same as what happened with the LP and P orders last weekend. Then East Coast VIN's for RWD's will follow once the vessel is on the water.

Our best hope is that they are in fact continuing M3 production until Monday. Passama docks in Shanghai on Tuesday. So hopefully we get a big assignment over the weekend for that. Though some later delivery estimates indicate that some are already assigned to the Passama shipment.

If we don't, then i'm afraid all past evidence and performance points to a bump to the export production run in Sept/Oct. Unless they have wildly changed their approach to export and domestic production scheduling.
haha I just typed pretty much exactly the same thing :)

Reactions: MagicalseT
Why? From all reports Ryzen is much better and much quicker than the old Intel processor, so hopefully we get Ryzen.
EDIT: Just did a bit of research and they are now coming with Ryzen, that's good.

As for other features, surely Tesla will only improve the car with time, not make it worse. That makes zero sense.
its not about them intentionally making it worse. the global chip shortage is still at its peak. the way tesla has survived so long is a testament to their supply chain department's capability. but some things are out of Tesla's control. if they hit by chip shortages, then they will regrettably have to remove some features from the car. Ryzen CPU is not the only chip in the car. Shop around and you will find Audi, BMW and other have also removed some features (temporarily) due to global chip shortages. So far there have been minor changes affected Tesla (passenger side lumbar support, dedicated graphics card, USB data, etc.) To compensate for this, they have provided free upgrades to heated seats and heated steering wheel for new cars. In summary, we dont know how long the chip shortage will last and how long Tesla can shield themselves from that. if the chip shortage is resolved, they may bring the removed features back in 2023 model to make it same as Jan 2022 model.

Reactions: DrewBytes
I think the likely situation now is that Morning Clara has LR, P and some RWD cars on it (these seem to mostly have non-standard wheels) and that East Coast VIN's will be allocated while the vessel is on the water.

For the "standard" RWD's the production line was rumoured to be running up to today so all those will be scheduled to leave on Viking Passama next week and we will see VIN allocations for the Perth orders on Sunday the same as what happened with the LP and P orders last weekend. Then East Coast VIN's for RWD's will follow once the vessel is on the water.
I so hope you are right.... however, there's this little voice telling me otherwise

Reactions: axelfair89
Why likely? They assigned all the Ys already and prior to WA they assigned 3s to the rest of Australia. Then assigned WA. The ship is carrying those Ys and those 3s. Why would they assign all of those and leave a bunch unassigned?
Because that is what they have done in the past, plus with the days of known production (shown by known build dates), there should be many more cars coming that what we have not yet seen. Only question is which ship they will be on. My feeling is there are still more to be allocated from Morning Clara, but I think Viking Passama is where we’ll see the real action.

Reactions: illesornayr
Because that is what they have done in the past, plus with the days of known production (shown by known build dates), there should be many more cars coming that what we have not yet seen. Only question is which ship they will be on. My feeling is there are still more to be allocated from Morning Clara, but I think Viking Passama is where we’ll see the real action.
Veda Prime Tweeted yesterday "Am data gathering now. Not all Au Tesla are on this ship", referring to someone saying Morning Clara left Shanghai.

As others have mentioned, it seems the USB ports do not have data capability (other than the port in the glove box).

The aftermarket world is never one to miss an opportunity. I found this ... USB-C Upgrade Module (for data)
No doubt there may be others out there offering something similar.

One comment on the page mentioned reads ... "Vehicles delivered after June 2022 probably have the USB cable cut by the factory, please check before ordering."

My sweet summer child, oh so optimistic. Bless you dear.

As others have mentioned, it seems the USB ports do not have data capability (other than the port in the glove box).

The aftermarket world is never one to miss an opportunity. I found this ... USB-C Upgrade Module (for data)
No doubt there may be others out there offering something similar.

One comment on the page mentioned reads ... "Vehicles delivered after June 2022 probably have the USB cable cut by the factory, please check before ordering."
This has been confirmed to stop working since from 25th of June as the data cable is now also removed (to save about 4 CNY - 0.8 AUD). The aftermarket people are trying a solution to bring it back at the moment.

the global chip shortage is still at its peak.
I'd argue differently. The peak is over and things are starting to return to relatively normal.

Don't get me wrong, shortages are still in full swing but we are no longer at the peak

Shop around and you will find Audi, BMW and other have also removed some features (temporarily)
They say temporarily but watch it become standard

Interesting that an aftermarket supplier can manufacture this but supply chain issues prevent Tesla doing so?
Agreed, except I guess Tesla would argue they need a supplier to supply 250k units per quarter to satisfy their manufacturing requirements.

I recall seeing this same aftermarket item elsewhere but I don't recall where. From memory, they sold just the PCB which meant you had to pull the black box apart and swap out the board. What was interesting was the website had a picture of the Tesla board and the aftermarket board which illustrated the missing chips in the Tesla PCB ... as I recall that it is, but my mind is clouded at the moment with thoughts of VINs, or lack thereof here in Melbourne.