Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My morning was much simpler :
• refresh my account (and nothing) before going to bed (00ish)
• woke up and grab my phone by the bedside and it was 1 am
• refresh and then back to sleep
• woke up and grab my phone by the bedside and it was 2 am
• refresh and then back to sleep
• woke up at 6:17 am (SYD time 8:17 am) and grab my phone
• refresh and saw something different this time - asking me to accept changes
• hit the Accept button before finish reading it
• pinch myself if that was a dream
• went on the waiting room to broadcast
• UPDATE MY SIGNATURE
• message my family and friends who are interested
• open a bottle of beer (I know, it's only 6:30 am)
How boring - no cat ;)

Have used similar in previous houses that had smaller garages. Works well but need to be careful of placement locations.
Also need to ensure adhesive remains stuck in hot summers!!

Any idea what the basis of these estimates are, or are they more correctly characterised as wild ass guesses?

It'd be nice, but 10000 cars would be 2 qtrs of supply for both NZ and AU, and I haven't heard of any new vin allocations for NZ (and no Armacup shipping scheduled for SHG - NZ for 4 more weeks anyway). Not sure there have been enough VIN allocations on the forums to support that many cars going to AU either.

The number just seems wildly optimistic.

Edit: for context, 10000 cars is two ROROs of nothing but Teslas.
I'm up to page 529 of the forum (catching up on today) and have 138 VINs out of 282 orders.
If we assume forum people are 5% of the overall population (because 5 sounds nice - no method behind that) then that 138/282 becomes 2760 VINs out of 5640 orders.
So is it possible ... yes i think so. But only Tesla will know the real numbers at this point (and maybe @Vedaprime from the shipping point of view)

I'm listed as Brisbane as that's where I'll pick up, but technically I'm on the Sunshine Coast

Me too. Hoping to hear something soon

Sounds like there are a few of us Sunny Coasters and we'll be seeing more Tesla's around - there are already quite a lot of us!!
Even saw a Model X not long ago.

Where do you see the EDD?
EDD will be showing if you pick up from a delivery centre.
If you're more than 200km (or something like that) from a delivery centre it will be delivered to you (Easier than driving the 100km from Sunny Coast to Brisbane but you pay for that by not having an EDD at the moment - probably arrive when they arrange the car delivery transport)

Reactions: Ssjimmy3