Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just switched to Novated Lease yesterday. No issue with reserving car in Feb. They are pretty confident the legislation for no FBT will pass but he quote both scenarios. The Novated Lease quote includes insurance and all the other normal stuff.

Snipet from Weekly novated quote below
Interesting that they would give you a quote without FBT, smart salary refused to do that for me. Unfortunately I don’t have a choice in which company I go through.

Q- what are my chances of getting VIN/delivery this year?
I'd say slim to none, unfortunately. They are filling Feb at the moment. I am 14/3 with 6-9 months and am expecting November-December with the current shutdown, if true.
Although live in hope. A couple of weeks ago, filling Feb orders this quarter seemed unlikely, but it's happening. 🤞

I'd say slim to none, unfortunately. They are filling Feb at the moment. I am 14/3 with 6-9 months and am expecting November-December with the current shutdown, if true.
Although live in hope. A couple of weeks ago, filling Feb orders this quarter seemed unlikely, but it's happening. 🤞
I reckon anyone who ordered before 31 May will get a VIN this year. This is just my guess though.

Well, it does look good.

I've added it to Phase 3 but trying to wait till car is here first.
I wonder if its compatible with the grocery bag hook?

View attachment 829733
1658187309347.png

I bought one of these. I had been looking at all the options out there, this one was a little cheaper (due it's basic nature) and easier to install (attaches to the ODB connector at the back of the centre console, instead of the gawd awful spot under the dash). It's also a little more discrete. It has that old school LED look, which I don't mind. However, it does sit in the air vent but on the plus side it can be moved. I also bought it through Aliexpress, so I am taking a bit of a chance on it.

Last edited:
we saw vin allocations before during and after the Clara was docked and loaded.
Which is still miles better than the poor folk in Europe. They have to wait until the ship is most of the way through its journey.

From 2022 Shipping Movements:
It is usual that formal Notification of a VIN from Tesla only happens about 2 weeks before delivery
Its not linked to geography...but when the ship gets to Suez its normally 2 weeks remaining of journey to Southhampton, which I suspect is why people make the connection with Suez.

Hey gang, long time lurker.

Thought I’d join the roulette of emotion that is this waiting room.

M3 RWD B/B
Ordered: 01MAY22

I’m confident, with my half full glass I’ll get a VIN this year. 😎
I think you are in with a realistic shout of a VIN this year, I expect April 30 orders would be quietly hopeful with the amount of February orders that have cleared out so far...and you're only a day off April...do definitely stick with the glass half full 🤞