Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But starts appearing in source code first before showing up on the account / app rite ?
Seems like the first indication you should get is a message in the app where your delivery date normally is. It'll say something like you need to go to your account because Tesla have made some changes. There you will accept the Tesla Vision change (camera only - no radar). Then, once you have accepted the changes, you have basically accepted the car with the Tesla Vision system and will be able to find your hidden VIN in the source code. So the easiest way to see if you have a VIN is to pull down on your car in the app and refresh it there until you see that message. Realistically, simply opening the app should have the same effect.

EDIT: I am only summising what I have been reading here in the forum over the last 300 pages since I ordered my car and joined.

Seems like the first indication you should get is a message in the app where your delivery date normally is. It'll say something like you need to go to your account because Tesla have made some changes. There you will accept the Tesla Vision change (camera only - no radar). Then, once you have accepted the changes, you have basically accepted the car with the Tesla Vision system and will be able to find your hidden VIN in the source code. So the easiest way to see if you have a VIN is to pull down on your car in the app and refresh it there until you see that message. Realistically, simply opening the app should have the same effect.

EDIT: I am only summising what I have been reading here in the forum over the last 300 pages since I ordered my car and joined.
Pretty sure the Tesla Vision change would come up in your web page at the same time as the App says something has changed go to your account page (web site) But either way Tesla Vision first then accept then you should be able to find your VIN

I had the VIN finder extension for Chrome and once I hit accept (Tesla Vision) it popped up even before the page had finished refreshing.

• Love
Reactions: axelfair89
Pretty sure the Tesla Vision change would come up in your web page at the same time as the App says something has changed go to your account page (web site) But either way Tesla Vision first then accept then you should be able to find your VIN

I had the VIN finder extension for Chrome and once I hit accept (Tesla Vision) it popped up even before the page had finished refreshing.
yep yep. my bad. totally agree. its just a wee bit easier for me to refresh the app on the couch with a beer than sit at the PC :)

Yeah, I noticed it on the app first too. Working at my work laptop and every now and then refresh app on phone rather than go over to home PC.
First world problems ;)
I wonder if there is a market for a little device you clip to your phone that has a stylus which pulls down the screen to refresh at regular intervals? I can build it! Next kickstarter. Anyone keen? 😅

No! stop tempting me with phase 3!
Look at it!

Screenshot_20220718-230111_Chrome.jpg

What's that, soundproofed boot that looks concerningly like a quite unhappy mouth? You want @Ormaus to purchase you?

Just ordered last month 15/06
I'm scared after reading this forum over the last few weeks.. Would it be silly to assume Shanghai would speed up production for our market over the next 6 months?
Hold on to that optimism as long as possible
Well, it does look good.

I've added it to Phase 3 but trying to wait till car is here first.
I wonder if its compatible with the grocery bag hook?

View attachment 829733
what's auto trunk? isn't it already auto open? unless you can't be bothered pressing the button to close it 😁

Queried the person I am dealing with for my novated lease and he mentioned that he was not sure if it will apply to vehicles 'ordered' before 1st July, anyone seen a draft? Hoping it will be otherwise will have to think about reordering if it saved $400 a month
That's rediculous. You can literally get out of a novated lease up until the time that you take delivery of the vehicle so there is no reason they can't re-quote your lease waiting on your order to arrive. Sounds like a lazy person you're dealing with rather than a limitation.

That's rediculous. You can literally get out of a novated lease up until the time that you take delivery of the vehicle so there is no reason they can't re-quote your lease waiting on your order to arrive. Sounds like a lazy person you're dealing with rather than a limitation.
Just switched to Novated Lease yesterday. No issue with reserving car in Feb. They are pretty confident the legislation for no FBT will pass but he quote both scenarios. The Novated Lease quote includes insurance and all the other normal stuff.

Snipet from Weekly novated quote below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-071344_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-071344_OneDrive.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: New Tech Bj