Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with a VIN, in order to help me finish up a script to automate the VIN checking process.....

What changes on your Tesla profile page? Obviously you have a VIN beginning with "LRW" in the source code, anything else that's different?
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/teslaaccount/ownership?rn=RNxxxxxxx

The above link shows you the VIN and under the "glovebox" section should be a final invoice when available.

Reactions: MOD3LSyd and pezza
Thanks, does it still show the RN in your case? I understand there are cases where the VIN is hidden in the source code and that's the only change.
It will show it even if hidden in source :)

Section where the final invoice is listed:

pic.png

(Should be below the order agreement from the screenshot I saw, but I don't have mine yet)

Last edited:
Reactions: karlos22
Hi All,
My Tesla Model 3 expected delivery date is in between 13-Feb to 27-Feb. we are considering moving overseas for a few years by Jun this year.
I am thinking of 2 options:
1. if I should cancel my order or
2. take delivery and sell it to anyone who is not interested in waiting for a few weeks to get the delivery.
Can anyone please advise if 2 is a feasible option without losing money?

Hi All,
My Tesla Model 3 expected delivery date is in between 13-Feb to 27-Feb. we are considering moving overseas for a few years by Jun this year.
2. take delivery and sell it to anyone who is not interested in waiting for a few weeks to get the delivery.
If you really just want to let someone else have it, then cancel is the best option. Someone with that order will likely get a call about a cancellation.

Hi All,
If it’s a white on white LR then please cancel 😁

• Funny
Reactions: Kevsaccount
Hi All,
1643337089412.jpeg

An easy $5000 more expensive than new. and these are 1 -2 years older. So you would be better off selling it after delivery. I bet you could get a premium price for a "As Delivered" near 0 KM version with the current specs for those that cannot wait

Reactions: DrewBytes
An easy $5000 more expensive than new. and these are 1 -2 years older. So you would be better off selling it after delivery. I bet you could get a premium price for a "As Delivered" near 0 KM version with the current specs for those that cannot wait
Honestly wonder why there aren't more scalpers, market is quite insane at the moment and isn't showing much sign to improve.

Hi All,
I can understand wanting to sell it after you take delivery but it is a risky game.
Also I would be more inclined just to cancel the order that way someone else gets an earlier order and doesn't have to pay above retail to get the car.

Chuck it on GitHub for us ? 😂
Ask and ye shall recieve

It requires a bit of messing around as I wrote it for a raspberry pi, but maybe it will keep you busy for a few hours while you wait for your VIN 😂

Honestly wonder why there aren't more scalpers, market is quite insane at the moment and isn't showing much sign to improve.
There is a very low number of cars (4 per year) you are allowed to sell before you have to have a dealers license but yes that a nice 20K you could make. And I am sure you may find something in their T&C and I wonder if you would see your delivery date slipping after the 4th order . For me it would be like selling a child.

Reactions: Kevsaccount
About that increase in acceleration time between the 2021 and 2022 RWD model…
My personal guess, (and of course I am no engineer, purely speculate) a few possibilities:

1. went for a cheaper motor using cheaper/fewer/weaker magnets that account for the lower torque, given rare metal is expensive ?
2. setting tens of thousands RWD owners up for a $3000 OTA acceleration boost when there are enough takers?
3. sell more LRs, if this is the case, maybe LR is the most profitable trim in the range?
4. All of the above?

Again, speculation only and I have no research/credential to back up any of my guesses.
I would prefer case 2. as I would be happy to pay $3000 to get that 0.5 sec back, but my gut feeling is that case 1. is the most likely situation here as acceleration boost on LRs mostly comes from the frontal motor from what I read.

For those who are waiting without delivery dates or VIN, look at the situation from a different point of view; consider Tesla's tract record to change things/sepcs. It might be worth the wait? Something nice might come up like ventilated seats which is far more useful for Aus climate than heated ones.

Last edited:
went for a cheaper motor using cheaper/fewer/weaker magnets
Already confirmed/discussed in earlier post, 2022 RWD M3 had switched to newer & more advanced Hairpin motor (3D7), as indicated in the 8th letter in the VIN. It produces less heat & more efficient, with slight drop in power. This is the main reason both LR & P 2022 have reduced ranges (20km - 50km) due to the new Ryzen MCU3, while RWD 2022 maintains the same range.