Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+
Order date: 14/11
EDD: 08 Feb - 22 Feb
VIN: Assigned
Located: NSW

I have found it difficult to contact my sales agent.
Just wondering if you guys confirmed that your model 3 delivered in Feb will equip Ryzen and other 2022 upgrades?
My car birth date is 09 Jan 2022 and it seems that there are still mixed delivery happening in US for that date range.

Thank you very much guys.
Call the sales landline. I posted it in a comment above.

Screenshot (7).png

2021 Model 3 Performance 1040km for sale about 73000 AUD (before on-road) located in Shanghai.
Cheaper than our second hands?

For RHD in HK, brand new M3P about AUD $76000 (exclude HKD $233670 /AUD $42k rego fee). If you're allowed to buy one without HK rego, maybe it would be quicker to import one and pay for transport and duty (5%import + 10%GST). Warranty may not be covered, however, just my wild thoughts.
Popular tesla youtuber bjorn did that with his LR M3 in Thailand.. Not sure the total price he paid... It is possible, not sure the rules around it in aus..

My invoice says "plate type: standard". I vaguely remember something about premium plates mentioned at the time of placing the order. What does 'standard plate' mean? Does it mean the ugly black on yellow NSW plates rather than black on white premiums?
I paid for the premium plates, but my invoice read plate type: standard. I figured that it was going to be a ball ache if my car had the black on yellow plates, but their problem.

My car was delivered with the black on white premium plates. What you've uncovered is a bug in Tesla's invoicing system, others will have it too.

Reactions: Tyler_Durden
I paid for the premium plates, but my invoice read plate type: standard. I figured that it was going to be a ball ache if my car had the black on yellow plates, but their problem.

My car was delivered with the black on white premium plates. What you've uncovered is a bug in Tesla's invoicing system, others will have it too.
I don’t recall of any option to choose for premium plates during ordering, how did you manage to do that?

I don’t recall of any option to choose for premium plates during ordering, how did you manage to do that?
I’m planning to transfer my current plates to my M3LR when it arrives
there’s a process for this with Service NSW
it was easy with my current car
Tesla have not been helpful
they’re saying I’ll have to accept the car with plates and swap them at the registry
so I’m paying for plates I won’t be using

there’s a process for this with Service NSW

For some reason Tesla NSW can't do what every other dealer does, or what they do in other states (I suspect they don't want to have to dedicate a staff member to be continually standing in lines at RMS).

You still need plates for the old car, so either way you'd be paying.

I took my personalised plates with me on the day of pickup, got Tesla to redrill screw holes to their template, then drove to RMS (Bondi) to swap the paperwork.

Which one is first, a text message saying this is your VIN/vehicle OR VIN in source code ?

Typically source code, but YMMV

Reactions: suree_4ever
Just like now Europe RWD M3's from Shanghai are being delivered with 3D5 while Australia are getting 3D7, at least for now, both limited to 208kW (as seen in the VINs posted to date)
I think 208kw is peak power and 194kw (as stated on Tesla manual) is nominal power?? Electric motor power rating is different from ICE motors; apples and oranges, and can be quite confusing, probably the reason Tesla quotes 0-100 as a measure of performance rather than kw/nm?