Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midas is sailing thru the Solomon Sea and another 20 or so hours before entering the Coral Sea

mid01.jpg

Same here but earlier order date, I ordered on 16/11 SR, VIN, invoice already, Brisbane pick, but my estimated delivery is between 20 Feb to 6 March, lol, how come I am some days later than you while I have an earlier order date
I think cars are matched to owners after production. Did you get an invoice and build date? Your car may be on the Crystal, which would match your EDD :cool:

Order date plays a role, but it is not the whole story o_O

I think cars are matched to owners after production. Did you get an invoice and build date? Your car may be on the Crystal, which would match your EDD :cool:

Order date plays a role, but it is not the whole story o_O
Yes I got my VIN and Invoice, and full payment completed, the build date is 10 Jan. Strange that I may be two weeks later than another order placed later than mine. lol

Yes I got my VIN and Invoice, and full payment completed, the build date is 10 Jan. Strange that I may be two weeks later than another order placed later than mine. lol
Then there is every chance you Tesla is on the Midas :)

Don't worry so much about EDD. I believe anything with a build date like yours has a strong possibility of being on the Midas. Will know for sure whenit unloads.

Hi, I am also patiently waiting on a Vin. But the sales rep contacted me last Friday (without me resching out at all) to update me an confirm that the vins will be assigned and the cars will be delivered in q1.

I ordered 17/12
RWD / Grey / Black / 19” / ACT

Ok great, always a nervous wait for VIN allocation haha.

I also ordered on 17/12
RWD / White / Black / ACT

Reactions: karlos22
But that's part of the Tesla model and why they are making those profits.

Compared to the Euro competitors.
- Tesla has 3 'dealerships' in NSW (4 if you include ACT) versus 20+ each for BMW, Merc, Audi
- the 'dealerships' are typically in cheaper locations, and sparsely fitted out
- much lower staff count with no option sellers, finance teams, used car lots etc
- Tesla does zero advertising / sponsorship
- No delivery frills like ribbons or bows

They just do things differently (which generally means more cheaply). Sometimes it's removing a hidden cost, other times it does impact the customer. But it's the Tesla way and it's effectively accept it or buy something else.

Personally would have been quite happy to pay a say $100 fee for the plate swap, which id think would cover a staff members time (even cheaper for those who'd need to otherwise pay to put a plate into storage or pay for a plate that will shortly be returned)
Some people think they deserved everything they want, and they can complain anything but refuses any argument. So let them doing what they want to do, hahah.

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason to complete the payment in full so early? I was instructed by my SA to do it only a week before schedule delivery date and said as soon as the ship hits the shore there’s high probability of getting notified for booking the delivery dates. That would be ideal to do payment.