Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
even more good news.. My master plan is bearing fruit.

Carport is DONE as of today...

Let's scratch that off the "keep me sane while waiting for VINS list"
  1. Carport Built
  2. New Power Circuit for Carport,
  3. Get both Gen3 Chargers installed,
  4. Water Tank (for collection off carport -watering front yard, washing cars?)
  5. VIN Numbers
  6. GET THE BLOODY CAR
  7. Drive somewhere cool (and tell everyone else it was "worth the wait")
Dont ever wash ur car from rain water stored in tanks it will leave water marks on ur car over time. Take it from a car detailer. Just an advice.

@New Tech Bj do you know which ship yours came in on? As mine just went thru RAV this afternoon, so I think mine must’ve been the Paglia, and where my EDD range has been blank since Sat morning, it’s now showing 13 - 27 Sept, but I’m expecting it to narrow down to one week soon.
Yep Mine was on Paglia according to Veda :)

Great advice but I'm not doing that every time the car needs a wash though,, maybe just a blue moon thing.

Isn't that like saying go to the dentist, everytime you brush your teeth??
I think they said take it 'from' a detailer, meaning the advice is coming from one, not take it "to" a detailer each time. Just don't was with rainwater, use mains water instead (if possible).

Reactions: sabbala
I know it's a bit weird but in this household it's going to be easier to just put 2 in.

Having a His and Hers prevents arguments, confusion and disappointments..
Seems reasonable. Adding a second at the same time isn't much additional cost anyway - they can be set to power share so can go on the same circuit, it'll just be the additional cost of the second HPWC itself, a little more conduit and cable and a little more of the electrician's time.

1662597272320.png

Some people around my order date seem to have gotten allocations already, some even have delivery dates. I have not heard anything of Tesla since i placed my order 14/03 :(
I'm in the same boat (OD: 18/03) but note that if you have ordered a RWD then the most recent OD to receive a VIN is 19-Feb and that is almost certainly a reallocation of a rare build. The most recent batch of factor VIN allocations for RWD were for cars ordered around 03-Feb. LR and P orders have allocations for ODs up to mid-march so it seems reasonable that the next VIN allocation will at least catch up to that for RWD.

All the info here seems to suggest they work on a quarterly cycle for VIN allocations. If true, then we should probably expect that the next batch will occur around mid-October. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for being included in that batch.

I just read that, due to the production upgrades, Chinese M3 wait times have come back to 6-10 weeks (from previously being listed at 12-16 weeks). This wait has become pretty painful but with an 11//3/22 OD I'm very confident that in 3-4 weeks I'll be getting VIN'd. I just need to do something to distract myself in the meantime.

Reactions: penn_