Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is too far away for a cancellation (would be rare for MY anyway). Sounds like a new build. Would be good to know build date when you get one.

sounds like Tesla has booked spots (just booking spots, not saying they have already built the cars) on a RORO ship...wondering which one. considering no change to M3 EDD's that ship may be MY exclusive.
When I checked my Tesla account, I noticed the registration document is already available with the VIN entered. It lists the Y as 2022, but nothing entered for the month.

Reactions: PcS000 and Robdunc
Lots of choices. did you go for matte or gloss? And which brand…
Yeah. there are truck load of choices! I went for matte. I generally go for the shops and items with most good reviews. "Brands" and shops seem to come and go. Sometimes it can be a little hit and miss on Aliexpress.

If I am disappointed with the product, I just order something else - the prices make that decision easy enough. I don't like the wastage of having to buy something else but sometimes that's what happens, especially when it's not quite what you were expecting.

However, I have only experienced that a handful of times (as I tend to look at lot before buying) out of a large number of transactions I have had on Aliexpress.

FYI the postage to Wagga generally takes about 3-4weeks. To Melbourne I would hope it would take less..

Reactions: MagicalseT
Oof. finally received my invoice, 7 days out from delivery.

Trade in has been decreased by around $2,500 which is a bit of a kick in the guts.

Crazy how many times I had to prompt my SA to get the invoice and trade in information updated.
Ouch, $2500?! Do you mind telling what your trade is and the kms difference from when you got the initial trade price? I'm trading a 2019 CX5 with only a few thousand kms more than it had at order time. Would hate to see a reduction like that.

Ouch, $2500?! Do you mind telling what your trade is and the kms difference from when you got the initial trade price? I'm trading a 2019 CX5 with only a few thousand kms more than it had at order time. Would hate to see a reduction like that.
I'm trading a 2017 VW Golf GTI Performance Edition 1, 58,400km on clock when I did initial trade in valuation back at the end of March and 61,200km now. Its tough and will just mean financing a bit more than I wanted but I'm not waiting this long just to cancel the order.. I suppose like all things purchased in advance there is a level of uncertainty until you hold it in your hands.

I'm trading a 2017 VW Golf GTI Performance Edition 1, 58,400km on clock when I did initial trade in valuation back at the end of March and 61,200km now. Its tough and will just mean financing a bit more than I wanted but I'm not waiting this long just to cancel the order.. I suppose like all things purchased in advance there is a level of uncertainty until you hold it in your hands.
Have you checked the carsales instant offer? Some people have had good luck with it.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
but they don't produce both at similar output. Shanghai supposedly producing ~14,000/week of MY and ~7,700/week of M3 after previous line upgrade. MY is almost double of M3. I guess that is based on demand?
Sadly, this manufacturing capacity difference has nothing to do with demand. Its all about the manufacturing process. With Model 3, they have hundreds of parts to weld for both front and rear end where with Model Y they can cast them in one piece with their giga-casting machine, making it quicker, cheaper and easier to manufacture. (I know in Shanghai they were using rear giga-cast not sure about the front one, they use it in Texas, but not sure about Shanghai) As they sell them for higher price, their profit margins are way better, so they put more effort into making sure they sell more of them. That's why the China deliveries now have only a week of wait for Model Y. They try to get people to purchase Y instead of 3 as its cheaper and easier to make, so they drop the delivery wait times for them and hope people change their order.
What I don't understand is why, when they did the manufacturing line upgrades end of July, they did not change the Model 3 to giga-castings also? That would have made sense.

I've had a wording change in my Tesla account.
Initially, and for many months it said "Your final invoice will be uploaded shortly" or something like that.
It has now changed to "Once a VIN has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account."
Is this some form of progress, or is it just that Tesla have realised the "uploded shortly" previous wording was ridiculous with a wait time of 9 - 12 months (ordered in May).
Anybody else experienced this change? Any new orders out there that can confirm this is now the wording from day one?

I've noticed the wording on my Tesla account has changed.
For the first four months it stated "Your final invoice will be uploaded shortly" or something along those lines.
It has now changed to say "Once a VIN has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account.".
Is this some form of progress, or have Tesla just realised how ridiculous it is to say the invoice will be uploaded shortly when the car's lead time is 9 - 12 months (ordered in May).
Does anyone have any clarity on this? Or can anyone that has just ordered confirm if this is now the default message from day one?

I've noticed the wording on my Tesla account has changed.
For the first four months it stated "Your final invoice will be uploaded shortly" or something along those lines.
It has now changed to say "Once a VIN has been assigned, your Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla account.".
Is this some form of progress, or have Tesla just realised how ridiculous it is to say the invoice will be uploaded shortly when the car's lead time is 9 - 12 months (ordered in May).
Does anyone have any clarity on this? Or can anyone that has just ordered confirm if this is now the default message from day one?
Just a wording change, no significance to the order status. As you said the word shortly was ridiculous for the wait times expected.

Reactions: Missimpatient