Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking at "Est. Delivery: 6-9 months from order placed date" for so long.

I wish it would just update to anything, to know that they haven't forgotten about me.

If it changed now to "December - February" even though that's outside of the nine months, at least I know they are trying to predict when my car will be made. It just reads to me as "You're in line, we'll get there when we get there".

I've been looking at "Est. Delivery: 6-9 months from order placed date" for so long.

I wish it would just update to anything, to know that they haven't forgotten about me.

If it changed now to "December - February" even though that's outside of the nine months, at least I know they are trying to predict when my car will be made. It just reads to me as "You're in line, we'll get there when we get there".
Exactly, that's what is unsettling, it's the fear they have forgotten about you.
I rang sales the other day to ask the question..where is my order.. I didn't receive any joy but at least I had to provide my order number and they said it was coming August to November so I figured at least I am still on the system somewhere 😂

Exactly, that's what is unsettling, it's the fear they have forgotten about you.
I rang sales the other day to ask the question..where is my order.. I didn't receive any joy but at least I had to provide my order number and they said it was coming August to November so I figured at least I am still on the system somewhere 😂

There is a good chance our M3 are on Morning Cherry.

One thing I'm curious on is delivery timeframes. I ordered 23/09 fully expecting a May delivery, but the longer that the EDD stays at Feb-May, is there a bigger chance it's coming earlier?
I ordered in 11/08 also with EDD Feb-May 23, the last contact I had with Tesla sales team was about 2 months after the order and they assured me that the delivery would be in that window. Now we know that their sales people know nothing but also that their manufacturing capacity increased recently after the factory upgrades, I am still hoping mine would arrive in that window. I would be really happy if it was at the start of the window, but I will be still happy if it arrives by the end of that window. (I am more expecting it to be the end of the window though.)
Now with my situation, as this is an upgrade and I am already driving a 3 year old Tesla Model 3, the urgency is not as high and I love and enjoy my current car immensely, it just makes financial sense to upgrade as the extra range of LR and the new gadgets added will add to my enjoyment, so sooner would be better, but in my case it is not burning a hole in my pants.

Reactions: Snoopy1
I would've thought the same. Maybe it's less orders and other brands coming into the market too.

One thing I'm curious on is delivery timeframes. I ordered 23/09 fully expecting a May delivery, but the longer that the EDD stays at Feb-May, is there a bigger chance it's coming earlier?
I ordered in June with the Feb-May delivery window, the window still being in that window makes me think I should get the car in Feb or March, it could be as late as May but yeah seems like now we have people are now ordering Y's + manufacturing capacity has increased so they can still quote the Feb-May window?

Time will tell.

Reactions: Snoopy1
I feel for you guys, in New Zealand Tesla have in new inventory stock two blue M3's and two MY's for delivery tomorrow and they have been there for the last week.
My goodness, what are those cars sitting over there for… if only they can be delivered here…man this sucks

So the Miraculous Ace has finally shown up on Fremantle Port Authorities expected shipments list as arriving at 11am on the 15th November, it has 350 Model 3's on board. Molace say it arrives at 5:43am, either way it's damn close.

Interestingly the next port is Adelaide after Freo, but it's probably just fork lifts because you'd assume they'd allocate all the VINs to buyers at the same time and not delay a batch that were staying aboard for the next leg of the journey.

So the Miraculous Ace has finally shown up on Fremantle Port Authorities expected shipments list as arriving at 11am on the 15th November, it has 350 Model 3's on board. Molace say it arrives at 5:43am, either way it's damn close.

Interestingly the next port is Adelaide after Freo, but it's probably just fork lifts because you'd assume they'd allocate all the VINs to buyers at the same time and not delay a batch that were staying aboard for the next leg of the journey.
Hoping it does arrive by then, banking on an early settlement to keep my 3.99% interest.

Hoping it does arrive by then, banking on an early settlement to keep my 3.99% interest.
It just left Singapore, it will easily make Fremantle by that date, hopefully pulling forward the EDD if they have got through the Model Ys that they are currently delivering and have the detailing capacity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-032225.png
    Screenshot_20221110-032225.png
    824.4 KB · Views: 69