Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait for the RWD or buy a LR with 20k on the clock for 6k more?
Thinking the LR is a better deal
Thoughts?
Purely subjective here, but only 6k extra to get LR, is a really reasonable deal. I am currently waiting for my LR to upgrade from SR+ so I would go for the LR as I have found that the extra 100km range would really make my travels much simpler, however for you it would be up to your financial options as well as driving habits :)

Wouldn't it be nice for a Christmas delivery, I suspect not but let's see.
Easier said than done I know but, keep your chin up folks, we're only getting closer, don't let the frustration take over the excitement of that day we first placed the order and immediately watched all the videos then went looking for accessories and then after a few Google searches, found this awesome community with legends from all around Australia with common experiences and equal excitement. It's all going to be worth it and I'm grateful to have been able to share this journey to delivery with you fine people. I know my own frustration with the process will be gone in a heartbeat when I first sit in the driver's seat of the car I have worked hard for and been craving for so long. 🫶

Just checked my app and the est delivery is Dec - Jan 2023
Me too. On the bright side it is my first update in many months. Ordered 26 Feb 2022. I'm sure it was 5-7 months lead time back then.

I keep telling myself, it is just a car. Get over it!..... but there is no doubt that the experience has been soured.

(Rwd, white, black, ADL)

Yes mine is now December January as well.

Don't wantto sound miserable but was hoping for a VIN on the Morning Cherry this weekend

Overseas visiting my son December 10 to January 2 , It is as if Tesla has my travel plans and wants to enhance my experience by threatening to cancel my order , delivering during that time 😂

Lets hope against hope this is a weird Tesla thing and we get a VIN this week 🤞

RWD OD March 12

There are a big range of order dates with this update. Some it draws out even longer and past the original EDD and others it fits into it nicely (and better that what some may have expected).
The way I see it is it's a tighter window (compared to 6-9 months) and a more definitive and close time frame. Whether it actually gets met is another mystery altogether.

Mine got updated to dec-jan as well
Thats what ive been saying for the last 3 months that forget about getting ur car in this quarter and i got bombarded by people here telling me that im wrong and all this non sense to follow And when i made the comment about my $350 deposit and getting my silicitor involved all hell broke loose here.
If patience is a virtue, it’s certainly being tested, hey

Reactions: Snoopy1
I've also got the updated EDD!
Screenshot_20221111-003627_Tesla.jpg

It was still saying 6-9 months yesterday. LR order on March 20, so if it comes before Dec 20 it will stay within that original estimate.

OD Mar 14
Original eta 6-9 months
New eta Dec-Jan
RWD Blk Blk
Brisbane
Same here 😭 Dec-Jan
OD - 14/02 RWD White/Black
Adelaide

Looks like it’ll end up being 12 months before I see anything… Shattering when people who ordered late March have received identical vehicles simply because they live in Sydney/Melbourne…

Pity allocation isn’t prioritised by order date rather than location… 👎🏻

Same here 😭 Dec-Jan
OD - 14/02 RWD White/Black
Adelaide

Looks like it’ll end up being 12 months before I see anything… Shattering when people who ordered late March have received identical vehicles simply because they live in Sydney/Melbourne…

Pity allocation isn’t prioritised by order date rather than location… 👎🏻

No Sydney privilege here - mid-March order and no bueno here either.

Been watching this for a few months now. Ordered RWD, midnight silver, black interior on 16th May. Pick up in Chatswood, Sydney. Original EDD 9-12 months from date of order placed, so Feb to May 2023. Also woke up this morning to the updated EDD of Dec to Jan.

I really feel for you guys who have been waiting so long and have had the EDD pushed back over and over again. If (and it’s a big if) Tesla manage to deliver my car within this new timeframe, they would have actually managed my expectations pretty well and even beat them.

Reactions: Robdunc and Latchr
I also got the change - funny how it came through the same week I complained about it 😅

So the good news is December is within my initial EDD, so if it’s on the earlier side happy days

However we know that when Tesla give a date range, what they really mean is the very last day
I got same EDD update. Adelaide May order. Was 9-12 months. For a change, if this pans out true, would be earlier than expected delivery.
This update covers huge OD range up to May. Points to Cherry or Crystal with large shipment.

I guess I better research loans again due to the delayed delivery. Mac will likely want to push my locked in rates higher. I remember the 3% loan on the day I paid my $350. That is long gone and now my new rate is likely to expire too.

Also, I probably should service the ice car. The a/c is not right. I didn't actually need a new car when I ordered but now it seems like a good play.

As for the narrower delivery window... I guess they will over shoot it by less.

Hang in there Fab Feb orderers.