Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined the forum. I'm also waiting eagerly for my car :)

M3, RWD
Interior: Black
Exterior: White
OD: 2021-12-23
EDD: 14-20 weeks. No update, no VIN yet.

What tint are you getting? I think tinting is a must with the Aussie sun. I plan to get one of those sun shades and am deciding if I should tint the roof as well.

We have so many people in this thread with cars coming around the same time. We can probably organise a sweet group tinting deal in Sydney if we have enough interest?
Paintless Dent Removal | Perth Australia is what I am looking at in Perth they seem to have great reviews

Here is an update about my car.

Location - Brisbane
Ordered - 13 Nov 2021
Config - SR/White/White Interior

VIN - Received Tuesday (18 Jan) Morning (Found in the source code)
Final Invoice - Received 19 Jan Wednesday (Account portal still says "We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account...." but invoice is available under the order agreement link. It has detailed information including VIN)

It asked me directly pay the downpayment to Tesla bank account which I did. Now finance company is waiting for the exact delivery date from Tesla to settle the finance.

Estimated Delivery Date - Between 9 Feb - 23 Feb

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
I think tinting is a must with the Aussie sun. I plan to get one of those sun shades and am deciding if I should tint the roof as well.

The roof is very heavily tinted to begin with and I suspect many tinters would refuse to do it, or ask you to sign an irrevocable liability waiver if you insist on them doing it. Putting tint on already tinted laminated glass runs the risk of it cracking under high heat.

I’ve had my car for 2 years and while the glass roof does get very hot in full sun (so much so it hurts to touch it), I find the AC (on Auto) works fine and I don’t feel the heat from the roof on my head. I only had the side windows tinted and do not use a sun shade.

YMMV.

Reactions: sas076
I have a date range in the app finally (haven’t had anything show up at all) displaying an approx delivery date. Are these rock solid dates or do they move around ?
In the US market, it would appear that these numbers bounce around like crazy. In the Australian context, it would appear they are more accurate, i.e. they are provided after production and VIN assignment so very little to nil EDD bouncing. My first time stating this but as always YMMV.

Reactions: Locktech
This is normal with the vin allocation system. It is so amazing, logic does not work. Order dates mean very little in this process as I say repeatedly at the beginning of every quarter. It just takes an example to prove it.

my message to people with no vins - Hold out for another 3 weeks. If no vin by then reach out to your adviser. Waiting for a Tesla is an emotional rollercoaster, and there are more curves and ups and downs ahead. Delays are ahead for shipping and transporters - As there are every quarter and the estimated delivery dates are untrustworthy and will move a lot.

it is an amazing system. this is why i look at all this closely over last 2 years.

I have a date range in the app finally (haven’t had anything show up at all) displaying an approx delivery date. Are these rock solid dates or do they move around ?
According to Vedaprime they do tend to move around. Happy to be corrected if wrong but I imagine nothing is rock solid until your car is in the delivery centre and you’ve booked your date!

Reactions: Vedaprime
Just wondering when you get the final payment details on your order page, would you pay off straight away? or wait until the pickup date?

I saw mixed opinions. Some say you should inspect the car before paying in full, some just pay right away.

Just wondering when you get the final payment details on your order page, would you pay off straight away? or wait until the pickup date?

I saw mixed opinions. Some say you should inspect the car before paying in full, some just pay right away.
I paid mine or some of mine as Finance pays the rest but only because i suck at saving and would spend it :) but you have to pay in full before delivery but i have heard its better in your pocket than theirs until about a week before pickup.

Reactions: st.kyle