Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of get the feeling that we get left overs from the bigger RHD market (UK).
Tesla probably pre-made a number of trims based on previous stats, not made to orders as Tesla is confident all would be sold.
UK gets allocated first because of longer sea transport and bigger backlog orders.
If your order is of similar taste to the Brits, maybe like white LRs, then you will be left waiting until there is leftovers rolling out of factory gate.

My other guess of the allocation process is that it may have something to do with currency exchange, as all sales ultimately go back to US in USD. It probably makes sense to allocate more and cashing in when AUD is strong and vice versa???
I am sure Tesla would be smart enough to funnel all funds for sales in Europe thru the Netherlands. It makes no sense to transfer over to the US for every lot of money that they make. I am sure the Take all the money in NL and issue internal invoices for "licence fees" to allocate the income in the most tax-efficient way.

I am sure Tesla would be smart enough to funnel all funds for sales in Europe thru the Netherlands. It makes no sense to transfer over to the US for every lot of money that they make. I am sure the Take all the money in NL and issue internal invoices for "licence fees" to allocate the income in the most tax-efficient way.
I am only guessing, I don’t know exactly how it works, but as my accountant used to tell me, “Tax law is catered for those who queue at voting polls.”

So there is a chance LR guys here with Nov orders can miss their Q1 allocation?
Mine is the most plain white/black.
Should not the company start production based on orders received? If for example there are 2000 orders and production capacity is 1,500 the latest 500 should go to the next quarter as the first ones in the line?
I really hope they stuffed up the admin part of things and have got enough cars produced waiting for the VINs. But again would not these car be on the Crystal?

A bit worry as it seems all NOV RWD orders got VINs
It is worrying, but remember they are building at least a quarter behind. Surely your Tesla rep should be updating you especially if you ordered last November.

Mine is an LR midnight silver black interior also ordered in November but my rep has kept me updated and most likely be driving it by the end of next week.

Latest info on the Crystal

mc080222.jpg

It is worrying, but remember they are building at least a quarter behind. Surely your Tesla rep should be updating you especially if you ordered last November.

Mine is an LR midnight silver black interior also ordered in November but my rep has kept me updated and most likely be driving it by the end of next week.
I wish. It has been a standard response from them. "We'll let you know if there's an update. You should get it really soon". But I don't blame them. They are doing their job and it's not their job to assign VIN or invoice I guess.

M3LR White/black | 19/11/21 | No VIN | Melbourne