Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, I've paid my final invoice over a week ago and my account hasn't reflected that I have yet. I've called Tesla and they're looking into it. The BSB and account number I transferred to is definitely correct so hopefully nothing's gone wrong.

So certainly doesn't hurt to do it as early as possible although a month early is probably too early
My reply wasn't directed at your comment, but whilst it doesn't hurt there certainly is a cost to handing over $60+K over a month before you are likely to get what you're paying for.

My reply wasn't directed at your comment, but whilst it doesn't hurt there certainly is a cost to handing over $60+K over a month before you are likely to get what you're paying for.
You're not wrong, I was more addressing your comment about playing it safe by paying a week before delivery date and adding my experience that one week before may not be enough if you run into issues (although I may be an outlier)

To be fair, I've paid my final invoice over a week ago and my account hasn't reflected that I have yet. I've called Tesla and they're looking into it. The BSB and account number I transferred to is definitely correct so hopefully nothing's gone wrong.

So certainly doesn't hurt to do it as early as possible although a month early is probably too early
I paid partially over several days. Each payment is updated the next day and is shown separately. The remaining balance is also updated. I guess you have put the RN number in the description. If not, then that's the problem.

From speaking with the SA yesterday, he actually says we don't need to pay until the delivery is scheduled. I definitely will pay off my balance tomorrow so I can get the car Monday.

I paid partially over several days. Each payment is updated the next day and is shown separately. The remaining balance is also updated. I guess you have put the RN number in the description. If not, then that's the problem.

From speaking with the SA yesterday, he actually says we don't need to pay until the delivery is scheduled. I definitely will pay off my balance tomorrow so I can get the car Monday.
I definitely did that as well although from my understanding, what you put in the description shouldn't affect whether the transfer goes through as long as BSB and account number is correct

I definitely did that as well although from my understanding, what you put in the description shouldn't affect whether the transfer goes through as long as BSB and account number is correct
The fact they’re direct bank accounts related to our individual RN’s it shouldn’t have an impact. Maybe it just makes them cranky we aren’t following their instructions to a T(esla).

It isn’t like BPAY where you have a biller code and a reference number.

Reactions: Bryanky5