Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new car!!!

There were rumours the Model 3 may get ventilated seats as the owners manual was recently updated showing it. Have you/would you mind checking to see if that is an option in yours when you get a chance?

"In the Climate Controls section there is an indication that cars may have ventilated seats. "Enable or disable heated or cooling seats"

Reactions: sas076
Yep. Send 1-2 dollars and it should show up under the manage section within 1 business day. I did the same thing to make sure the account was correct.
Yes, I paid $11 and did show up on Tesla account after about 48 hours
Thanks Kevaccount and DanSyd!
Greatly appreciated!
Love the car Kevaccount! Mine is exactly the same (LR white/white) current delivery window in between March 12 - March 26!

I only got my VIN on the 10/2, how long should I wait before chasing my SA for a final invoice?

Regards,
Stephen

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevsaccount
Morning Crystal had docked in PK last night, I'm hoping M3's with built dates of 10/01 & 11/01 are on this ship, which matches the EDD 19/02 - 05/03 in Tesla account. I checked with my SA this morning but she wouldn't confirm whether my car is on this ship, instead the following standard scripts:

"The most accurate information with your vehicle ETA will be the timeframe specified on your Tesla account. Once your car has arrived at the service centre and is ready to go, you will receive an SMS to schedule in your delivery date."

Looks like this week's deliveries are all having built dates of 08/01 or 09/01 (from this forum & FB groups), with EDD 11/02 - 23/02, these cars were on the previous Morning Midas ship.

I am also guessing Giga Shanghai was building RHD M3's 4 days in Jan (08/01 - 11/01), some of those were allocated to Australia. Same could be true for this month, as many members reported getting final invoices with built dates 08/02 - 09/02, EDD 12/03 - 26/03. These cars should be on another ship departing Shanghai soon.
this is exciting 🚗

Thanks Kevaccount and DanSyd!
Greatly appreciated!
Love the car Kevaccount! Mine is exactly the same (LR white/white) current delivery window in between March 12 - March 26!

I only got my VIN on the 10/2, how long should I wait before chasing my SA for a final invoice?

Regards,
Stephen
Open your account and look below ‘order agreement’ link. You may have your invoice already. But if not I would not worry for at least another week or two
Saying that I got my invoice, VIN received on the same date as yours

Reactions: whmacs
Looks like this week's deliveries are all having built dates of 08/01 or 09/01 (from this forum & FB groups), with EDD 11/02 - 23/02, these cars were on the previous Morning Midas ship.

I am also guessing Giga Shanghai was building RHD M3's 4 days in Jan (08/01 - 11/01), some of those were allocated to Australia. Same could be true for this month, as many members reported getting final invoices with built dates 08/02 - 09/02, EDD 12/03 - 26/03. These cars should be on another ship departing Shanghai soon.
My RWD build date is 08/01 and EDD is 18/02 to 04/03 (Perth).

My RWD build date is 08/01 and EDD is 18/02 to 04/03 (Perth).
That made sense, as cars will be transferred again by ship from PK to Perth, so your car could still be delivered by Morning Midas to PK, and it's now on another ship enroute to Perth. Cars that are destinated for all other states will be transported from PK by trucks, which should have earlier delivery dates than WA, in Kevaccount's case, picked up today in Sydney.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37celsius
Thanks @Kevsaccount! Although I don't actually know what this shows? If ventilated seats were installed, how would this look different? Would there be an option or toggle which would appear? Does it toggle through three blue lines after the red lines? Or does it happen automatically based on what you set as your climate control temperature?
Based on the manual I'd expect it to cycle from red to blue waves once I get past the three levels of heat. There are no other buttons or menus in that system that have anything related to ventilation or cooling for the seats.

Hope this helps.

Based on the manual I'd expect it to cycle from red to blue waves once I get past the three levels of heat. There are no other buttons or menus in that system that have anything related to ventilation or cooling for the seats.

Hope this helps.
probably because the new car is not yet upgraded to the latest system.
I recalled the cooling seat was a new feature added recently.

I did, it's a nice bit of kit. The Tesla Dealer gave it to me - that's what I told my wife ;)
My Tesla dealer has been very generous in supplying Tesla accessories! I can’t believe it! They even threw in a fancy pressure washer and personalised plates! Can’t beat that service!

I don’t have a partner currently but it’s what I have to tell myself! 😂😉

I've upgraded it to v11

Hope this helps.
Didn’t mean to quote the first post but effort to delete. I don’t know whether it’s plausible on the ecosystem, but I feel a ‘long hold’ would be a better system to switch between heating and cooling if it did come to pass.

Congrats again though, Kev! Hope you’ve had a blast today with the new baby! And the partner doesn’t feel too left out ☺️

Reactions: Kevsaccount
I've upgraded it to v11
probably because the new car is not yet upgraded to the latest system.
I recalled the cooling seat was a new feature added recently.
Cooling/Ventilated seats are not new features for the model 3. They were only rumored when it popped up in the manual; but there are no cars equipped with it. No news if they will indeed be implemented down the track.