Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you missed the point. "kalamata" is simply saying that if you want to do the legwork, you can find all the information concerning your Tesla yourself. In fact, those who are still waiting could team together or start another thread to watch the port in Shanghai. Someone else could do the tracking as I was with the Midas and Crystal.

I don't think "kalamata" was saying you should not join vedaprime, but that you do not need to, to find similar information.:cool::cool:

This statement has only one flaw. How did you find out it's Midas, Crystal, or Clara?

Reactions: Kevsaccount
This is something you only know because Veda has figured it out based on long experience and a lot of work. Yes, the Info was leaked, and that was likely from someone who subscribed and leaked it here. But t that does not change the fact that this info was never anywhere expressed before Veda has released the info on his channel. While that happens every now and then, it does not mean Vedas service is not necessary. It only means that if it happens too often and he can't protect his interest, he will at some point stop providing the service. Nothing can be leaked then, this forum has no Info in the end.
No, this information is in public domain, Vedaprime is not owning this forum and information on it, people paid for their own subscriptions to Marinetraffic etc (myself included), and there were no strings attached to information shared from those subscriptions.
This statement has only one flaw. How did you find out it's Midas, Crystal, or Clara?
by tracking ships docking in Shanghai in Fleetmon and checking their history in vesselfinder.net. That's open information, Vedaprime does not own those services and does not have monopoly on analysis of that information. I'm pretty sure he uses other sources as well and his information is more precise due to that, but that's what he asks money for.

Edit: If next question would be "how do you know which terminal to track" - by Google maps satellite images analysis - there are not many terminals with cars parked in Tesla colours, and you can exclude Luchao as cars are LHD based on Wu Wa's youtube videos.

Reactions: billyM3
do you really think I said "go steal information from Vedaprime"? I never said that.

C'mon, just answering "buy Vedaprime subscription" to every logistic question, wnen most of the questions could be answered with 1-page FAQ with last point "if you still think you need more answers re logistics - you can try to get them with Vedaprime paid subscription", is not really ethical and fair.
And in all fairness, it's how Vedaprime is seeing it too, I reckon - he/she answers simple questions here, without moving all discussion to discord.
No, I don't. You cant actually steal it (without going into the boring IP law details) Veda has no Copyrights on the info, which would require that he publishes the info publicly, which he does not. His model is based on secrets and lives with the community to keep it secret. How he handles that is his biggest challenge, but he does it quite well for now.

What I really want to say is, without people who pay, and keep all the info a secret as long as they are members, the service will die. And then there is no leaking and a huge drawback in your List of steps to track yourself. You will most likely have an issue finding out which ship to track.

The normal person orders one tesla maybe every 4-5 years. Nobody has the knowledge or will invest in the knowledge to find out on which ship teslas are carried. It's too much work for the individual that orders one tesla. Veda does not order A tesla every quarter. He does it in his paid service. If he's gone, no one will do it. If someone else does it, it will be for money as well (likely).

Because the Services lives and dies with the members keeping it a secret, that is why people direct you to his service instead of giving you the answer.

I think that answers your question why "just answering "buy Vedaprime subscription" to every logistic question" is a common answer. Once that changes, the service dies. And that's also why it is ethical and fair. Just like the Coka Cola recipe is a secret and not copyright protected.

No, this information is in public domain, Vedaprime is not owning this forum and information on it, people paid for their own subscriptions to Marinetraffic etc (myself included), and there were no strings attached to information shared from those subscriptions.
My short experience - after being subscribed to Veda and this forum is that the info appears here exclusively after he found it out and a member of the discord leaked it here. I have followed this only since I ordered of course, but that was 5 ships that have been identified there and leaked here.

I can also say because I also subscribe to a german forum, and the german waiting room has no such info and all users are more or less in the dark. And they also do not have someone like Veda who provides information in a separate paid service. Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe it proves the point that finding out the ships in the first place is not that easy and worth someone being invested in working this out (for money)

do you really think I said "go steal information from Vedaprime"? I never said that.

C'mon, just answering "buy Vedaprime subscription" to every logistic question, wnen most of the questions could be answered with 1-page FAQ with last point "if you still think you need more answers re logistics - you can try to get them with Vedaprime paid subscription", is not really ethical and fair.
And in all fairness, it's how Vedaprime is seeing it too, I reckon - he/she answers simple questions here, without moving all discussion to discord.
You stirred up a hornet's nest. :cool:

My short experience - after being subscribed to Veda and this forum is that the info appears here exclusively after he found it out and a member of the discord leaked it here. I have followed this only since I ordered of course, but that was 5 ships that have been identified there and leaked here.

I can also say because I also subscribe to a german forum, and the german waiting room has no such info and all users are more or less in the dark. And they also do not have someone like Veda who provides information in a separate paid service. Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe it proves the point that finding out the ships in the first place is not that easy and worth someone being invested in working this out (for money)
If you are speaking of recent ships.. All could be easily identified by tracking Shanghai port and destinations.

I think that answers your question why "just answering "buy Vedaprime subscription" to every logistic question" is a common answer. Once that changes, the service dies. And that's also why it is ethical and fair. Just like the Coka Cola recipe is a secret and not copyright protected.
I disagree, and Coca Cola recipe analogy is really something strange. 99.9% of Coca Cola company value is not their recipe.
I hope Vedaprime's value is not in hiding information either. Open source information cannot hurt the business that is in good faith.

Step 2: You can also run this API endpoint after logging in with Tesla to get your VIN - I assume it populates each of the boxes that represent your cars(or pending orders)
great stuff!

I will also add - if you monitor for existing stock, you can do it with API calls as well, without authorisation:
Code:
curl 'https://www.tesla.com/inventory/api/v1/inventory-results?query=%7B%22query%22%3A%7B%22model%22%3A%22m3%22%2C%22condition%22%3A%22new%22%2C%22options%22%3A%7B%22FleetSalesRegions%22%3A%5B%22Victoria%22%5D%7D%2C%22arrangeby%22%3A%22Price%22%2C%22order%22%3A%22asc%22%2C%22market%22%3A%22AU%22%2C%22language%22%3A%22en%22%2C%22super_region%22%3A%22north%20america%22%7D%7D' -s --compressed | jq -r ".results[]| [.AddToInventoryReason,.Model,.Price,.StateProvince,.TitleStatus,.VIN,.Year,.TrimName]|@tsv"
replace "m3" with "ms" or "mx" if looking for other models, "new" with "used" if needed, and "Victoria" with location from dropdown here New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla if you are looking for other location.
I pinged that API with script every 15 minutes for several weeks and haven't encountered any rate-limiting

It appears this thread is close to reaching its ‘best before’ date. Had one mighty run
I don't believe that in the slightest. Unfortunately there are currently not many new people but as the new quarter comes around then I am sure this thread will return to normal.

As for fighting over Veda's service. If someone wants to spend money to subscribe to Marinetraffic and then spend the time to work it all out for themselves then good for them. I have no idea how much Marinetraffic charges for its subscription but it must be cheap.

People subscribe to Vedaprime because it has the answers without digging through pages and pages of information. The other information and community there also is a bonus.

It is each to their own and now that we have had the discussion we should go back to the waiting game and be frustrated that we don't yet have a VIN rather than someone offering a service that you don't need to be a part of.
If that person is so frustrated by the service and the answer being "Go check out Vedaprime" they should start a free thread on TMC here which has all the information and accuracy without the subscription price.

my 2cents. Anyone who has a vedarprime sub (me included) will answer logistic questions with see vedaprime BECAUSE rule 1 of the service is dont share vedaprime info outside of the service aka social media and here. So a lot of ppl have a hard time remembering if the info they have is from veda or they found it else where, its safer to just assume you got it from veda and not disclose than accidentally give out info that isnt yours.

Reactions: ruste
Orde
great stuff!

I will also add - if you monitor for existing stock, you can do it with API calls as well, without authorisation:
Code:
curl 'https://www.tesla.com/inventory/api/v1/inventory-results?query=%7B%22query%22%3A%7B%22model%22%3A%22m3%22%2C%22condition%22%3A%22new%22%2C%22options%22%3A%7B%22FleetSalesRegions%22%3A%5B%22Victoria%22%5D%7D%2C%22arrangeby%22%3A%22Price%22%2C%22order%22%3A%22asc%22%2C%22market%22%3A%22AU%22%2C%22language%22%3A%22en%22%2C%22super_region%22%3A%22north%20america%22%7D%7D' -s --compressed | jq -r ".results[]| [.AddToInventoryReason,.Model,.Price,.StateProvince,.TitleStatus,.VIN,.Year,.TrimName]|@tsv"
replace "m3" with "ms" or "mx" if looking for other models, "new" with "used" if needed, and "Victoria" with location from dropdown here New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla if you are looking for other location.
I pinged that API with script every 15 minutes for several weeks and haven't encountered any rate-limiting
hi, how to run this code to check stock?

Since I am vedaprime and am being discussed here, I'll let the people who have used the service comment on how they find it. It isn't for everyone.

While I have been doing this for over two years now, there are some parts of the service easily findable and parts which are not. I have legitimate commercial sources which are paid, and some which are not paid. I have gathered a lot of experience of what happens at each location across Australia and New Zealand.

What I do well is bring together the combination of data together from all sources to paint a coordinated picture of what is going on with vins, ships, and transporters during the emotional rollercoaster which is pre-delivery, as well as provide a community to share the waiting on various topics not relating to tracking. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and one of the roles of the service is to assess rumour vs truth. It is large amount of effort to maintain the service at the level it operates.

So there is a place for a free service like TMC and there is a place for something like I offer as well. Both can co-exist.
Yep same here great info on Veda prime service, well worth it

Reactions: Kevsaccount