Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
might get annoyed about being told to subscribe to a $15 service.
In Veda's words, you totally missed the point here. What many people annoyed was - being told to subscribed to a $15 service, and claimed that "valuable" info like which ships carrying M3's in each quarter is only available in the paid service - which many other people & I had proven this is incorrect.

Now everyone followed the last couple pages of comments understand that they have two options to track their M3 orders, instead of keep getting the misinformation - go & subscribe to a paid service if you want to track the shipment of your M3 order.

Reactions: kalamata
Is 128gb not enough? Doesn’t it just overwrite old Sentry video when it gets full? And if so, is this a problem?
The main issue is with constant rewrites. USBs aren't really made to be constantly rewritten over and over again as will happen when it gets full which could lead to potential failure. So if you get a 500GB SSD, it not only likely has better endurance then a generic USB (depending on what brand you get), it requires fewer rewrites as it takes longer to get full.

Apologies for the off-topic talks

What accessories are people buying, apart from charging equipment?
So this morning when this post was fresh I got sucked into the spending spree

This afternoon I've ordered:
[Amazon]
Mudflaps
Matt screen protector

[Taptes]
Centre console storage box/tray organiser
Side pocket partition pad
Seat back pockets
Frunk hooks

And earlier this week I ordered this funky doodad. Instrument Display LCD For Tesla Model 3/ Model Y Compatible With Apple Carplay & Android Auto

I've also had an electrician around to quote on a wall charger install. I haven't purchased the wall charger yet, but given my delivery wait, I'm not in a hurry.

What's the go with the SSD? I saw a post (not on here) a couple of weeks ago that suggested only a small part of the storage was used, negating the need for an overly large storage solution. Does the 2022 model have better retention options?

Reactions: PcS000
The main issue is with constant rewrites. USBs aren't really made to be constantly rewritten over and over again as will happen when it gets full which could lead to potential failure. So if you get a 500GB SSD, it not only likely has better endurance then a generic USB (depending on what brand you get), it requires fewer rewrites as it takes longer to get full.

Apologies for the off-topic talks

This sounds like something I need to buy before the car arrives now.
It’s probably not even really needed but you make it sound like I need it.

Any recommendation on a brand or any SSD of varying size will work?

Speaking of accessories, these just arrived today, EDD early - mid March. Wife bought them as a gift, little bent during transport so had to put some heavy old books to keep them flat.
B3155346-356E-4AD4-BA3A-9D3AFC444B8F.jpeg

do you recommend the maker/supplier?
From X-CAR Tesla Model 3 on Amazon. Quality feels fine, thick and heavy; unfolded itself quite quickly and very little rubber smell, I can only tell when putting my nose close to it. I hated the rubber smell from the all-weather floor mats in my previous car, took 3 months for it to dissipate.
$119 for interior floor front and back seats; $99 for front and back cargo areas. The pattern is a little different from the advertised picture but doesn't bother me, actually looks a little better.

Last edited:
Reactions: PcS000
This sounds like something I need to buy before the car arrives now.
It’s probably not even really needed but you make it sound like I need it.

Any recommendation on a brand or any SSD of varying size will work?
I bought the Samsung T5, however for me it's in the category of *sugar* that I didn't need to buy.

The Tesla supplied USB works fine, if it dies, you'll know because you can't access your videos.

Reactions: ArdieLest
My wait got over today! Took delivery of my rwd today morning from Mulgrave, Victoria. Did the walk-arounds and checklist, and quality is pretty good. I could not find any faults or obvious panel gaps / misalignment. The car was charged to 100%, which was cool.
Delivery experience was smooth, there was no rush from the SAs, and I was given all the time I needed to check everything, or ask questions.
I was really surprised at the number of new Teslas they had in this delivery center, seemed to be well over a hundred maybe..there were 4 rows of cars just in this area in the pic, and they had more space behind this!

20220217_114025.jpg

My wait got over today! Took delivery of my rwd today morning from Mulgrave, Victoria. Did the walk-arounds and checklist, and quality is pretty good. I could not find any faults or obvious panel gaps / misalignment. The car was charged to 100%, which was cool.
Delivery experience was smooth, there was no rush from the SAs, and I was given all the time I needed to check everything, or ask questions.
I was really surprised at the number of new Teslas they had in this delivery center, seemed to be well over a hundred maybe..there were 4 rows of cars just in this area in the pic, and they had more space behind this!
Congrats. As it's RWD, assume it is also Ryzen?

Reactions: mrkbris