Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to move their delivery date? I got the sms yesterday but the two dates given to me I'm actually away for (Birthday getaway planned a long while ago).

The SA hasn't really been that helpful as I need to move the date back two or three days.

The SA gave me a conveyor belt explanation which sounded more like a guilt trip... is it really that difficult to organise a later delivery date? (still well within my window mind you)
You can organise for someone to pick up your car with an authorisation letter, this is the best and easiest option. Or, if you ordered from Parramatta and nominated your pickup as Alexandria then they may deliver it to you if your SA gets manager approval. Otherwise if these don't wok you may have to go to the end of the queue...Not a good option!

You can organise for someone to pick up your car with an authorisation letter, this is the best and easiest option. Or, if you ordered from Parramatta and nominated your pickup as Alexandria then they may deliver it to you if your SA gets manager approval. Otherwise if these don't wok you may have to go to the end of the queue...Not a good option!
I asked my SA from parra if I could pick up from Chatswood instead and that was declined :(

I asked my SA from parra if I could pick up from Chatswood instead and that was declined :(
Yeah that's because all the slots are full and they are struggling as it is. You would have had the choice when you ordered or there may have only been one choice so you are locked in. They can deliver if you were forced to choose a delivery centre that is out of your area but only in certain circumstances and if approved by a manager. They are under the pump!

First time posting but have been following for a while.

TM3 RWD
White/black
Ordered 8/11/21
Build date 8/01/22
Final invoice 21/01/22
Melbourne Mulgrave pick-up

So far buying a Tesla has been one of the worst experiences. My car was on the Midas and was finally delivered from the Port to Mulgrave early last week, the only date I could select when I got my sms was the 25/02. Paid in full through my finance and insurance sorted for this Friday, today get an email after over 7 days sitting in Mulgrave they just found damage to my car from transport and have attached one little low quality picture.

Was told my car is now in the service centre for replacement parts so now might get it sometime next week. I have taken a day off work this Friday and sold my car in preparation for picking up my Tesla and been sharing a car with my husband. Now just another blow and delay I even called the person who emailed me and they had little compassion and weren’t very understanding.

From what the Tesla advisor siad it was just a plastic piece and downplayed the damage. My husband even spoke to the guy and said we were happy to take delivery and bring it back to get the plastic part replaced on a day off if the damage was only minor but they rejected that idea because car is already at the service centre.

Just disappointing experience and service, find it hard to believe that if the car went to the service centre today they could still have changed the part by Friday and met my original delivery date, or even if they moved it to a Saturday pick-up.

Anyone in regional area/SA/TAS got VIN before delivery? Can't find vin in account neither EDD, I asked my sales adviser, he told me good chance have my RWD delivery end of March. Ordered 31/12/2021

Being a regional area you will not get an EDD

You will get a VIN though, hidden to start, followed within days to a few weeks later by an Invoice

Have you checked for a hidden VIN? Look at your car order details page, then in Edge or Chrome (Ctrl-U) to open source code on the page then (Ctrl-F) and search for LRW

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq
Has anyone been able to move their delivery date? I got the sms yesterday but the two dates given to me I'm actually away for (Birthday getaway planned a long while ago).

The SA hasn't really been that helpful as I need to move the date back two or three days.

The SA gave me a conveyor belt explanation which sounded more like a guilt trip... is it really that difficult to organise a later delivery date? (still well within my window mind you)
I'm in Melbourne but I managed to get my date moved quite easily. They gave me two days just like you, I asked to be moved to the Saturday a few days later and my request was approved almost immediately.

Being a regional area you will not get an EDD

You will get a VIN though, hidden to start, followed within days to a few weeks later by an Invoice

Have you checked for a hidden VIN? Look at your car order details page, then in Edge or Chrome (Ctrl-U) to open source code on the page then (Ctrl-F) and search for LRW
Thanks mate, checked and no luck on VIN. Guess I d better forget it and wait:)

First time posting but have been following for a while.

TM3 RWD
White/black
Ordered 8/11/21
Build date 8/01/22
Final invoice 21/01/22
Melbourne Mulgrave pick-up

So far buying a Tesla has been one of the worst experiences. My car was on the Midas and was finally delivered from the Port to Mulgrave early last week, the only date I could select when I got my sms was the 25/02. Paid in full through my finance and insurance sorted for this Friday, today get an email after over 7 days sitting in Mulgrave they just found damage to my car from transport and have attached one little low quality picture.

Was told my car is now in the service centre for replacement parts so now might get it sometime next week. I have taken a day off work this Friday and sold my car in preparation for picking up my Tesla and been sharing a car with my husband. Now just another blow and delay I even called the person who emailed me and they had little compassion and weren’t very understanding.

From what the Tesla advisor siad it was just a plastic piece and downplayed the damage. My husband even spoke to the guy and said we were happy to take delivery and bring it back to get the plastic part replaced on a day off if the damage was only minor but they rejected that idea because car is already at the service centre.

Just disappointing experience and service, find it hard to believe that if the car went to the service centre today they could still have changed the part by Friday and met my original delivery date, or even if they moved it to a Saturday pick-up.
That really sucks. I don't expect this kind of service for such an expensive car. Getting the car fixed is probably a one-day job (especially replacing something plastic). They are just a bit lazy and incompetent to help you out here (and probably slammed with deliveries too and so brushed you off)

For us really unlucky people who ordered right after it changed over to 5-7 months (why oh why didn't I book the test drive the weekend before?)

Anyone know how long it usually takes to come up with an expected delivery date in your account? I ordered on the 19/2

I just want to see that 5-7 month date so I can forget about it and move on with my life for a bit lol
I did a test drive on the 19th, ordered 20/2. Hope it doesn't drag on for 7 months! Crazy

Reactions: Rowanhs
That really sucks. I don't expect this kind of service for such an expensive car. Getting the car fixed is probably a one-day job (especially replacing something plastic). They are just a bit lazy and incompetent to help you out here (and probably slammed with deliveries too and so brushed you off)
I didn’t expect this kind of service either, I’ve waited patiently and figured that there would be some quality control when cars arrive at the delivery centre and roll off the truck. Just frustrating the car was sitting there damaged for over 7 day and they only noticed 2 days prior to my scheduled delivery date. Also now they have just put up a new delivery date and time for mid next week without any final consultation and consideration for my working hours.